Eashl tips from veterans

Hello, I have followed this community for a long time and now i would like to know thing or two from veteran eashl players.

Well ive watched several ecl games on twitch, youtube etc. and theres always a question in my head, how they became that good? Well for example players like Joukki, Vsilenttio, Patzlav, pleemaker, sadapoika etc. seem to have no ps4 controller between their brain and game. They seem to do whatever they want on virtual ice and i want to know how to become a player who can dominate the whole ice.First of all, I play myself in a small eashl team filled with workmates. We are not playing for winning, just enjoying the game but its not fun when you keep losing all the games and cant do anyhting about it.

My biggest issue is protecting the puck and playing smart on offensive zone. For example, look at this offense. All those little fast moves and shit. So any tips for playing like that? Is it all about reactionskill to avoid pokechecks and how you basicly keep the puck on your blade? Elite players seem not to use l1 dekes much or do they? Are they useless? I think my biggest issue is to keep my speed up. When im trying to do something on right stick my speed usually drops and then opponent makes sticklift or check and i lose the puck. So i need something to help me getting the puck on offensive zone and keeping it there.

My motivation is high, I would love to practice this gamemode but i cant find a smart way to do it. Offline and online versus are so much different, Drop in games are made by devil and my teammates are tired of seeing me trying to do those little moves like joukki or some LW did there.

So, I would love to hear any tips about eashl from u guys. Anything. How u guys became that good? how did u practice? Any useful info playing smart and protecting puck? How to score against human goalie?

Also i would like to see in the future that elite players would join on low skilled teams aswell. Seems like all elite players are cycling to team to other with all same players. It would be good challenge to trying to get random teams on top. One major problem about my playing is that theres noone who could teach all this shit.

Rock on!

• Like 3

Hey, back when I started in 2010 I had the exact same questions. It's really just lots and lots of practice though - there's no magic switch you can flip to suddenly have full control over the game :)

In my opinion, the most important thing is to not only focus on EASHL but also play Versus once in a while. It's the best way to get a feel for how the game works.

• Like 2

Joukki would be just "okay" if he wouldnt suck Odens Extreme White Cold Dry -snus.

In my case I didnt even remember the controllers . In NHL 14 only thing what I knew well how to do was throwing the puck over the board and getting the goalie out of the net and back.

But for some reason game always started to loop like cd u know. And every game ended that way.

Maybe It wasnt good idea to buy that game from my neighbor. But he is always selling me something for example his knife especially if I touch his Mercedez. 

He says that it would look good in my stomach. But I dont want to eat his knife. Im not stupid. 

Buuut back to the business. Now when I suck Odens I remember those controllers easily. I dont even have to look at the controller anymore when I play. And I could say that Im at level "nobody". And there comes also other goods with it...

WOMEN! I get THAT a lot! ;) (bi***slap). Because I have courage to talk to ladies. 

So my advice is that play versus and sometimes go to practice room.

• Like 4
  • Love it! 1

EAT. SLEEP. PLAY. REPEAT.

Playing thousands of games, in a nutshell. EASHL, Versus, HUT and Be a GM. There's literally no elite player who plays once a week, especially nowadays as there's +50-60 teams trying to win the ultimate prize of hockey, ECL championship. For me example, I've really had my hardest games ever on NHL16 thanks to Finnish Defence Forces. Fucking shit took 9 months away from my hockey career and I've been really rusty. I've never been this shit and it pisses me off every time when I play against players like @Joonas Paatiala(Patz), @debi_85, @Joukki or @Dominointi. Oh my God, even @Basstian23 is sneaky for me these days... Before back then, on NHL14, only forward I had problems to D against (even tho it was fun as hell) was @Foppatofflan, who's btw still greatest forward Europe has seen by far. But there's one cure which helps for this issue: playing daily.

Before, lets say like on NHL14, I played +2500 EASHL/drop-in games combined, 50-100 versus games + HUT so yeah, more than 100 versus-games and that's nothing compared to guys like @plee999 or @Dominointi(seppo). And those guys dominate the leaderboards. So after EASHL and Vs., there's like lets say 2750 games played. Then there's Be a GM what I like to play, a lot. I'm not lying when I say that during NHL14, I played more than 10 different careers, atleast 2-3 seasons per career. Of course I simulated lots of games but also I played much. Even though it was just offline, you always learn when you play. So lets put it this way; who'll know more about the game, player A who plays only EASHL or player B, who plays hundreds or in some situations even thousands of games more than player A. And now on NHL16 I've played under 1000 6vs6-games, no more than 100 offline-games and couple 1vs1-games and you can clearly see it on the ice.

That's it. Of course there's this thing called "hockey IQ" which you cant study. Either you have it, or you dont. That's why there's mainly the same teams or guys dominating the EASHL-leaderboards or 1vs1-boards.

Hope so this helps to realize the importance of playing the game, a lot.

Edited by vSilenttio
  • Like 7

When I started play NHL 13 I was maybe worst rookie what can possible be! First I trained how do some dekes. I spend lot time in practice mode trying to do goals in difference ways etc. I just played 2v2 with my rl friends. Finally when NHL 14 arrive I heard there are EHL tournament so then I tryed my wings in 6v6. I had already skill makes some goals but my defence was so awful so I played D for while just get it even little better. Because that my 1v1 stats get better. "If u wanna be best u have to work like best"one wise man once said. so i have maybe played 5000 games I think. 

I really havent any mentor who had guided my. Sure I played with SadaPoika and Penatski in NHL 14 & 15 but they wasnt so pure elit e players like they are now. Really hard part was find good club where u can reach next lvl. Many teams wont take kids like I was.

If u have thought which one to play to learn this game versus or eashl, I would say take that where u wanna be better. There is some great versus players who suck in eashl and elite eashl players who arent so good at versus. 

So there is some tips! Young "veteran" xD 

• Like 1

Easiest way to be a superstar is to go on the settings in your game, switch to level down to Amateur, maximize puck controll/speed/shooting and passes for yourself, minimize that level for the opponent computer player(for more enjoyment you can minimize goalie stats for opponent), start a new career and off you go! Enjoy! But seriously, If you having kids and/or you are married - door is closed.

Wow.. Well i dont know about other teams but actually in murohoki, we get paid. Oh yes our gm yoosef is a very generous man for offering us jobs. unfortunately theres a strict budget so our hockeysticks are made of icecreamsticks mostly. Sometimes when my stick brokes front of an empty net i wonder is this the right way to save some money but usually my teammates say that its all your fault and i shouldnt shoot so hard. Well anyway our organisation is doing fine, but our goalie isnt doing so well. Well this is a sad story but once he got a first real job as professional eash players, he got so excited that he went to a bank and took a bigass mortage loan. Because our ecl didnt actually go that well, we didnt get our salary. Basicly he lost hes credit rating and now all he does is drinking and celebrating year 95 when Finland won gold. Well i dont know about u guys but i think Banks are all just a big scam! Once our left defenseman noddactius asked me if i can borrow some money for cat food. Well i transfered 5k e right away cause i love cats. When the payback day came, my bankaccount was still pretty empty. Well noddy said that bank must have lost my money. Thats buullshiit. Bank must kept the money themself and fooled our defenseman. Well nothing new on that,  usually he gets fooled 7-10 times per game so we understand. 

So why am i replying this topic? I should give some tips but i dont have a shit. You would get scammed if u take advices from muro. Like yoosef when nordea asked if they can invest our organisations money to Panama. Didnt end that well.  Or maybe you should play against our team to get some selfconfidence. Usually after the game we celebrate with cheap wine if we score or even if we manage to hold the puck on offensivezone for like 10 seconds. 

So my advice would be dont trust anyone! 

Edited by Albatross
  • Like 1

Forget protecting the puck, L1 dekes etc. If you want to compete with moderate button skills (I assume you have moderate skill coz otherwise you wouldn't be asking for advice), you have to be able to defend, it's the only way to give yourself a chance to win. On offense, I reckon getting open when you don't have the puck is critical, and something you typically can't practise in, say, versus mode, so you just have to play a lot of club games. As for beating human goalies, I'll tell you when I beat one...

As far as specific button pressing things, just copy what you see others do that works I guess. Playing with elite players makes it a lot easier to copy what they do than just playing against them. At least that's what I feel.

Now, maybe my advice is crap because I am so shit at the NHL16 game. Sorry. Bye.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...