ECL 5 Poll: Should a new team be allowed to apply for ECL Pro?

ECL 5 Poll  

186 members have voted

The results of this poll are hidden permanently..

26 minutes ago, Nahkatoteemi said:

Seems that you already know what team we are talking about so we are forcing this rule trough because of THEM? If it's so easy THEY can prove theirselves against best ranked Lite team in best-of-7 serie. I think this is best and fairest proposal so far.

I think we should have old tournament system so lite and pro teams will get knocked out 0-7 again so their place will be proved... Funny ? No its not fun win that much just waste of time. :ph34r:

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Tuukka.R said:

I think we should have old tournament system so lite and pro teams will get knocked out 0-7 again so their place will be proved... Funny ? No its not fun win that much just waste of time. :ph34r:

I just revealed the biggest joke. Fat Cats is trying to get on fastlane. Former leader of Old Farts as assistant capitain. He is also member of NHLGamer staff. Fun fact is that he didn't manage to get promotion with his team from Lite. I think there is something fishy going on @Kenu?  NHLGamer does not seem very reliable to me with this kind of moves. 

3 minutes ago, Jnmxxx said:

What the actual fuck? Best comment was something like "best lite teams are better than worst elite teams" :D

where are these lite teams hiding?

Decisions are made outside the ice I guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nahkatoteemi said:

I just revealed the biggest joke. Fat Cats is trying to get on fastlane. Former leader of Old Farts as assistant capitain. He is also member of NHLGamer staff. Fun fact is that he didn't manage to get promotion with his team from Lite. I think there is something fishy going on @Kenu?  NHLGamer does not seem very reliable to me with this kind of moves. 

Decisions are made outside the ice I guess.

Fat Cats had an elite spot for season 4, so i think it´s pretty fair to them that they start from pro. Also they have many elite level guys(2 ecl 3 winners and 3 Summer cup 2 winners for example) that it would be ridiculous to have them in lite. 

• Like 1

• ECL Staff
12 minutes ago, SadaPoika said:

Fat Cats had an elite spot for season 4, so i think it´s pretty fair to them that they start from pro. Also they have many elite level guys(2 ecl 3 winners and 3 Summer cup 2 winners for example) that it would be ridiculous to have them in lite. 

I mean, if a lite team finished above them in the playoffs then they should have a higher priority than Old Farts if a spot is open in pro.

If they are 'good enough' to had have an elite spot for ECL 4 then they should have been good enough to clinch promotion through the playoffs anyway. 

[Edit] Also can we appreciate how painful it is to go look through previous tournaments' playoff stages? Seriously, unless I'm being retarded and missing something plainly obvious, how hard is it to make a playoff tree? 

Edited by MartindalexC

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, SadaPoika said:

I agree. Now the other half of community can vote with same facts.  In my opinion best way to settle this is that Fat Cats play against top seeded Lite team and take the spot if they can. Fair and competitive way to handle this. But who am I to give advice to just shity player from shity team.

And don't forget: "we" created this LITE div b/c of all the teams that only played 50-60% of their games after been crushed with 10-0, 15-0 against the top-teams.
Like Connor said -> Some teams are there for a reason
1. They don't need to face the top-teams (Ofc would it be fun for some of the lite-teams, but if you didn't remember how it ended 2-3 years ago, think again)
2. They don't lose their games with 10-0
3. THAT helps these teams to stay together, having fun and don't forfeit tournaments, and we now don't have the same amount of WO-situations like we had before.
4. they get's matched against similar teams, skillwise, and will improve
5. Everyone has something to play for. 

LITE - maybe we should call it the "amateur-division", I don't no. And yes, some of the teams in LITE wins games here and there against the Elite-teams in eashl (yes, congratz, good work). But if you really deserves to play in PRO, will you ofc get there.. some day. And it's a big difference between eashl and ECL, or "Mukia-hockey and serious hockey". 

Yes, I understand that it would suck for some of the "LITE-teams" if new-created teams get's a free-spot in PRO. But hey, what a about a community with "ELITE-teams" that get's forced to play in LITE, and we once again get's tournaments with 17-0 games, IN THE LOWEST DIVISION?! Like Connor said about CS:GO, there is a reason why they don't put good teams in the lower leagues. 

And this argument about "long-lived" teams and franchise-teams --> You can't force players to play together. There is no money involved, people have no reasons to stay. Captains have nothing to say if people decides to leave. The punishment with losing an Elite spot just b/c you can't replace lost teammates is a big punishment for them who still tries to stay together.

But If they still can manage to get players (elite-pro players) but decides to giving up their elite-spot to some other PRO team, why the hell should we force them down to LITE? Who wins? Some LITE team will "maybe" get a "free-ticket" to PRO, and some team who almost reached PRO the tournament before will in 9 of 10 scenarios get a harder opponent to play against, and we will see a team that get's a 30-0-0 record with +211 goals. It makes sense?

Maybe we should "delete" this division-dream that the NHLgamer-staff had, and do like we did a couple of years ago --> 1 division, 30 teams, only the best ones, let the Staff decide "who's in", and let the rest just play EASHL. 

Or is it maybe a reason why we have 3 divisions, is it maybe another reason somewhere that is more important than this franchise-shit? Like, let's give everyone a fair chance, like having tight divisions and no WO-cases. 
There is also a reason why they putted Carlsberg in PRO in the last tournament and not in LITE. 
1. History
2. Skill
3. roster

And, this is why we have staff-members? let's hope that they're sober when they takes their decision. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

To make everyone happy
1 elite division
2 pro divisions

There is a long way to walk from LITE to ELITE when we only have 2 tournaments / year. 

This is maybe a better game for some of the LITE teams, it maybe fits them better? AND the opposite for some elite-teams. 

2 Pro-divisions would actually make it more fair, for everyone. everyone would get a chance (maybe a small one, but still) to play in the highest div, without waiting for NHL 19.

Edited by iSvamp
  • Like 1

• ECL Staff
5 minutes ago, PSchibra said:

please don't tell me you actually divided 31 by 47 and made that into %...

He probably did:

Elite + Pro = 2 leagues = 2

Lite = 1 League = 1

2 + 1 = 3

2/3 = .66

.66 = 66%

Flawless logic really 

Edited by MartindalexC
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks for all the comments and votes. We appreciate your feedback.

That said, please refrain from using condescending and passive-aggressive comments towards other members of the community. Regardless of the division you represent, remember that everyone is part of NHLGamer.com and every single member has the right to express their opinions.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Peacerich_se said:

Yes, in a world where this works it would be, but something tells me that every single season for as long as NHLgamer has got this division system working like it works right now the best team (or maybe even a few teams) in Lite will be better then the worst teams in Elite. If the team winning the Lite Playoff then get a spot in the Elite Playoffs, I dont see what is wrong with that. They dont even have to get a spot, the can play Elite Team number 8 for the 8th spot.

If this League or community was pro for real we wouldnt have to worry about it in the same way because teams wouldt come and go by the dozens every season and there wouldnt be issues with teams swapping more or less the entire roster.

you have no idea what difference it really is between lite and elite

For the first time, I can feel the heat in Finland this summer. Oh, wait... It came from here?

Have to say, that this is one of the greatest votes made in the NHLGamer history, as everyone have (or atleast should have) an opinion for this one. 

In my opinion, there is no point for Elite teams to start from the Lite, as long as the team is somehow counted to be able to make their way for Pro playoffs. Games that ends 10-0 etc. in Lite won't serve anyone. I would also like to ask about the community, that if new elite team would be placed for Pro Division, how it would go? Antti had some great opinions earlier, and I agree that if we won't want that new teams will all starts from the Lite, we need something black-and-white to count the points.

I'm not saying, this should be the new way to count the points, I'm just giving something to think about.

Games played in Elite team - one point for each game
Games played in Elite team that made to the playoffs - 1.5points for each game
Forwards: Top10 in the scoreboard - 20points
Defenders: Top10 in the scoreboard for defenders - 20points
Goalies: Starting goalie for the team that made their way to playoffs (over 50% games played) - 20points

For example, tbnantti would have gained 81.5 points for
- Played 30 regular +11 playoff games in Elite team that made their way to playoffs 61.5points
- Made it for top10 in the scoreboard and gained 20points

At the same time vSilenttio would have 50 points for
- Played 30 regular season games in Elite team that did not made their way to playoffs 30points
- Made it for top10 in the scoreboard and gained 20points

And for the swagx88 the points would be 16 points for
- Played 16 regular season games in Elite team that did not made their way to playoffs 16points

My key point for all this is, that every player in Elite shouldn't be counted the same way. I think that everyone agrees, that for example tbnantti is much more valuable for the team than non-playoff team's player which played less than 50% of the regular season...

There is also 32 teams in Pro. When one Elite team splits up, there would be two new teams for Pro and only one to go for Elite. Will staff be willing to raise the amount of teams in Pro?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Heksaa said:

In my opinion, there is no point for Elite teams to start from the Lite, as long as the team is somehow counted to be able to make their way for Pro playoffs.

You are right. If we are only talking about last season because there was no "Elite teams" in ECL 3(yes there were better teams but where to draw line?). So let's take a look deeper how was Fat Cats last season. 

KINGOFAPES_ played good season with Written In The Stars. FRIILANDER relegated with SIKA to Pro . YRJOO and NAIKOU88 (6 GP) played in Pro. RANKAISIJA_ (played 2 games in Elite) and NISPEKT got eliminated in 2nd round by HC Ancient Warriors in ECL Lite Playoffs.

Seems pretty much to me that we have average Pro team here, not 6 Elite players forming new powerhouse to dominate ice. Too good team to be in Lite? Not in my opinion based on facts.

I just try to defend the value of top Lite teams (I don't belong any of them) to NHLGamer community. You can shoot the messenger if you feel like it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nahkatoteemi said:

You are right. If we are only talking about last season because there was no "Elite teams" in ECL 3(yes there were better teams but where to draw line?). So let's take a look deeper how was Fat Cats last season. 

KINGOFAPES_ played good season with Written In The Stars. FRIILANDER relegated with SIKA to Pro . YRJOO and NAIKOU88 (6 GP) played in Pro. RANKAISIJA_ (played 2 games in Elite) and NISPEKT got eliminated in 2nd round by HC Ancient Warriors in ECL Lite Playoffs.

Seems pretty much to me that we have average Pro team here, not 6 Elite players forming new powerhouse to dominate ice. Too good team to be in Lite? Not in my opinion based on facts.

I just try to defend the value of top Lite teams (I don't belong any of them) to NHLGamer community. You can shoot the messenger if you feel like it.

To me, that team sounds like too good team to play in lite. They would fight for promotion to elite most likely if placed to pro.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nahkatoteemi said:

Even if this team was average, an average pro team is too good to be in lite. thats why they are in pro not lite in the first place.

• Like 1