ECL '22 Spring: Lite & Pro Qualifier registrations are now open!

• Administrators

SportsGamers,

The sun is shining, and the snow is melting. While your traditional hockey seasons might be pushing towards the postseason, on the virtual side of things, it's time to start warming up the thumbsticks once again! 

We have now opened registrations for ECL '22 Spring Lite & Pro Qualifier teams! After reading this article, you will know if your team can apply and how this will affect your team’s players.

Signup_now.png

Schedule for Lite Qualifiers

• Group play: 21.-24.3.
  • BO5 series: 27-31.3.

Sign_up_HERE_btn.png

*If you're an existing team that wants to change names, simply sign up with the old name and contact support for the name change. If you're having issues with signing up overall, please contact support.

The following teams are eligible to register the Lite Qualifiers:

• BIK Karlskoga Esport
  • Blessed Suedis
  • Carolus Icemen
  • Darkwing Ducks
  • Gleumes Hockey Krefeld
  • Lausanne HC Esports
  • Lumparlan Leijonat
  • Offside Lions
  • Rahinage
  • Resurrection
  • Rusty Bulls
  • SCB eSports
  • SSKA HC
  • Stayhard Stallions
  • United Front
  • Virtuoso

Schedule for Pro Qualifiers

• Round 1: 21.-24.3.
  • Round 2: 27-29.3.
  • BO5 series: 30.-31.3.

Sign_up_HERE_btn.png

*If you're an existing team that wants to change names, simply sign up with the old name and contact support for the name change. If you're having issues with signing up overall, please contact support.

The following teams are eligible to register the Pro Qualifiers:

• AfroDunk
  • Alliance HT
  • Almtuna eSport
  • Bellizzi
  • Company of Geeks
  • Fiasko
  • Golden Nights
  • Hawaii Hockey
  • Linköping HC
  • Lite #4
  • Lulea Hockey
  • Nemesis
  • Neptune Hockey
  • Powerhouse HC
  • Sawolanche
  • Točený Salámy

What if all Qualifier positions are not filled?

• Teams will not be promoted straight and all open spots will be filled through qualifiers (excluding automatically relegated/promoted teams). If there happens to be more open spots than anticipated (e.g. from teams disbanding which would have been invited to play in the qualifier) spots are filled as follows:
    • Pro Qualifiers
      • Pro relegated teams
      • Lite #10-16
      • Wildcard teams #5-8
      • Lite #17-32
      • Core #5-8 
    • Lite Qualifiers
      • Lite relegated teams
      • Core #13-16
      • Wildcard teams #9-12
      • Core #17-32

Special rules for Qualifier teams

• To prevent teams from taking advantage, specifically recruiting players to bolster your chances in the qualifier that have no intention of remaining in the team beyond that, we have decided to enforce a soft roster lock post qualifier play.
    • If a former Elite player wants to participate in a qualifier for a Wildcard, Pro or Lite team, then they will be locked into that division at where the team ends up throughout the season
      • Transfer to a lower division is possible
    • If a former Pro player wants to participate in a qualifier for a wildcard, Pro or Lite team, then they will be locked into that division at where the team ends up for 2 weeks (starting from the first game played in Pro that season)
      • Transfer to a lower division is possible
  • Lite & Pro Qualifiers are part of the season so it is good to remember that only one transfer is allowed during the season

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 1

• iRSPe changed the title to ECL '22 Spring: Lite & Pro Qualifier registrations are now open!
  • Administrators
10 minutes ago, playmakerI78I said:

Honestly doesn't seems too fair, the regular season rank must have the priority..

They already had an advantage when they were allowed to play against a lower seeded team but were unable to take advantage of it.

This has been a practice for as long as I can remember and how the teams will be seeded for the coming season has been known to everyone. So I think there is nothing unfair in the situation, the team that wins more games in the playoffs will end up higher.

• Like 22

On 3/8/2022 at 4:21 PM, iRSPe said:

They already had an advantage when they were allowed to play against a lower seeded team but were unable to take advantage of it.

This has been a practice for as long as I can remember and how the teams will be seeded for the coming season has been known to everyone. So I think there is nothing unfair in the situation, the team that wins more games in the playoffs will end up higher.

Saying something has been practice for as long as you can remember has to be one of the worst arguments ever used. With that logic we would still be traveling with horse trolleys and hunting animals with spears. 

Of course having a better seed after regular season should be the most important thing when deciding who ranks higher. No self respecting organization uses one round playoff wins as the deciding factor. This rule should be fixed immediately. 

Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Kemboi92 said:

Saying something has been practice for as long as you can remember has to be one of the worst arguments ever used.

Well if you haven't read the rules then it's quite good. however, no one has suggested changing the rules because they are bad for reason x.

12 minutes ago, Kemboi92 said:

Of course having a better seed after regular season should be the most important thing when deciding who ranks higher. No self respecting organization uses one round playoff wins as the deciding factor. This rule should be fixed immediately. 

It makes sense to look deeper than group rankings when there are multiple groups. I think removing the balancing factor would take us back in a worse direction and teams from weaker groups would gain a significant advantage. So we’ve reacted to situations in the past and moved spears and horses aside.

• Like 5
  • Love it! 1

32 minutes ago, iRSPe said:

Well if you haven't read the rules then it's quite good. however, no one has suggested changing the rules because they are bad for reason x.

It makes sense to look deeper than group rankings when there are multiple groups. I think removing the balancing factor would take us back in a worse direction and teams from weaker groups would gain a significant advantage. So we’ve reacted to situations in the past and moved spears and horses aside.

sure, I understand, it is not easy as a situation, in any case someone is dissatisfied, this case is particular because they were in the same group, therefore the fact of taking advantage of a weaker group decays, and perhaps in this specific case the fact had to be evaluated that being in the same group the Karkirysty had to be chosen in the lite qualifications because they finished in front of the Gleumes Hockey Krefeld in the regular season, it is also true that if you look at the head-to-head matches being in the same group, the Gleumes Hockey Krefeld won both head-to-head matches, what I mean is that perhaps this "solidarity" rule should be updated by inserting as a first requirement in the case of the same group, position during the regular season, then head to head, and then victories in the playoffs, all to make it as correct as possible effort made during a long season by the participating teams, it is not a criticism but only a discussion in order to improve rare what already exists, because if I put myself in the shoes of Karkirysty who had a very good season I would feel sad and maybe they could deserve the lite qualifications as best second instead of seeing the best third who finished the regular season behind them be rewarded in their place, but I understand what you mean, and as a basic reasoning there can be, but maybe you can improve a little, that's all, thanks for the discussion, it was very interesting

• Thanks 2

• Administrators
5 hours ago, playmakerI78I said:

I understand what you mean, and as a basic reasoning there can be, but maybe you can improve a little, that's all, thanks for the discussion, it was very interesting

Yeah, not saying that there couldn't be better system but just simply going with seeds is not less problematic. In addition to this, there are more games in playoffs than in the regular season, so the importance of the regular season is decreasing round by round.

Maybe a system where you would also get points for games played in the playoffs and these would be added on top of the regular season points. However, this might be quite difficult for teams to follow if it couldn't be shown in real time.

• Like 2

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, ProfessornYT said:

Why is it only 19 teams in Lite qualifier

Södertalje SK is missing from the group 1

and Force Majeure should be Technical Disaster in the group 2, we are fixing these soon.

• Like 2

7 timmar sedan, MCH_98 säger:

Since a couple of Pro teams are not continuing in ECL Spring it would be nice to get confirmation if those are filled via Pro qualifiers and how many teams are qualifying? (Is there a BO5 series?)

This is just my theory. Its 22 teams that has a pro spot now that is registrated so probably top 5 in every group will go straight to pro.

• Like 5
  • Love it! 1