Unequal teams in this tournament?

Obviously this late in the game teams want to use "best" possible lineup and it's not easy having 12 guys being able to play. With that said, 10 days seems more than enough, and maybe u can lose one hour of sleep once a week to get games going. If teams played 3 games first playable date it might speed things up. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, OxtreeLAT said:

Just gonna put this out there - during our series against TUK we played games on Tuesday and Thursday. They wanted to take a day off in-between because they didn't have enough players, We didn't mind since there was no rush and we got plenty of time to play out the remaining games. Now here's the funny thing - during that "day off" we also got matched up against them via regular matchmaking. Full teams, 6vs6. A bit odd, but we still went along with it and were willing to play just a regular game. What happened next? They backed out every single time...

Could you tell us the day this happened so you wouldn't need to try to remember the lineup TUK had back then. I'm pretty sure there were some guests playing to get some games going on with the guys who were able to play. It's also pretty known thing, that you won't play against the team, in EASHL, which you have games going on in playoffs in these kinda tournaments, no matter what the lineup is :$

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pelle3000 said:

Obviously this late in the game teams want to use "best" possible lineup and it's not easy having 12 guys being able to play. With that said, 10 days seems more than enough, and maybe u can lose one hour of sleep once a week to get games going. If teams played 3 games first playable date it might speed things up. 

Sure, I get that teams want to ice the very best line-up they've got, but at some point you have to give in and sacrifice certain things in order to complete all the games. The backup players are there for a reason. Same with the deadlines - you have to respect them. If you know that you're not gonna be able to schedule all the games with your #1 line-up and you still refuse to make those sacrifices/changes... That's clearly showing disrespect towards everyone else in the community as these people now have to wait on you to complete those games. All because of your selfishness and incompetence.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, OxtreeLAT said:

Sure, I get that teams want to ice the very best line-up they've got, but at some point you have to give in and sacrifice certain things in order to complete all the games. The backup players are there for a reason. Same with the deadlines - you have to respect them. If you know that you're not gonna be able to schedule all the games with your #1 line-up and you still refuse to make those sacrifices/changes... That's clearly showing disrespect towards everyone else in the community as these people now have to wait on you to complete those games. All because of your selfishness and incompetence.

You seem to have so much anger in you that you just charged here to insult Pelle3000 who has nothing to do with the serie between TUK and Grr? 9_9 and checking out your previous posts you might have an issue with all the hatred.

Lots of asbergers in here :)

I'm not making excuses or saying its ok too refuse games when "best" guys are not around. It's just a fact that this is what is going on. We have used 7 guys round two, don't think all teams can (or want to) do that.

But ok! If teams can't play more than two games a night cause that hour of beauty sleep is so important maybe best out of five is a better option. (I would still go for 3 games first gameday and best out of seven).

It should actually be easier matching games deeper in the playoffs since it's the last nerds standing, but the fear of losing is strooooooong. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, biister said:

You seem to have so much anger in you that you just charged here to insult Pelle3000 who has nothing to do with the serie between TUK and Grr? 9_9 and checking out your previous posts you might have an issue with all the hatred.

I guess you misunderstood me. It wasn't aimed towards Pelle, I was talking about things in general. Also I'm perfectly calm, just sharing my opinion and participating in this discussion. There's no need to call me "angry" just because you disagree with me.

All I see here is someone who seems to be rather defensive after being called out on valid reasons and now is trying his hardest to deflect the attention from the real issue. By the way - thanks for checking our my post history. Did you find anything of interest? 

Edited by OxtreeLAT
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Update: The teams have agreed to play the games tonight. I hope we'll all be watching the stream at NHLGamer.com. ;)

Thank you to both teams for their co-operation. We, the staff, are taking notes and making updates to the rules to minimise these kinds of situations in the future.

• Like 10

Btw, I don't think there is a problem if you agree to not play on a certain day, but get matched during regular matchmaking. There could be plently of reasons for that (e.g. you want to take a break from playing playoffs purposefully, or one player who was missing originally got some free time on short notice etc...).

However it gets problematic if you are already past the original deadline.

Edited by gzell60
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, gzell60 said:

There could be plently of reasons for that (e.g. you want to take a break from playing playoffs purposefully)

LOL...what? 

Good to know, when we are scheduling our games. I hope this series will be "exhausting" ;)

Edited by Egyptologen
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Egyptologen said:

LOL...what? 

Good to know, when we are scheduling our games. I hope this series will be "exhausting" ;)

Please elaborate on your 'LOL'. If you can make sure you have enough players on the remaining days, what exactly is the problem?

Also, if playing video games is exhausting to anyone, I'd highly recommend other activities to make up for that.

Just saying guys, Why have to tell this little story ? Did you think that if you public this everything well be fine and you find time to play ? lol sometimes shit happens, so try play those games! It might be hard but there is always answer. And this so called "story" just blames TUK, remember that this isnt just TUK's "fault". I dont know so much details and what really happened so that was my opinion. (Might be difference if i know more) :) sorry if this hurt your feelings, maybe u can take it ? ;) 

On 2016-02-19 at 1:40 PM, gzell60 said:

Please elaborate on your 'LOL'. If you can make sure you have enough players on the remaining days, what exactly is the problem?

Also, if playing video games is exhausting to anyone, I'd highly recommend other activities to make up for that.

The problem is when the opposing team doesn't have players the remaining days.

The LOL is because I honestly do not understand why a team that has players want to take a "day off" during playoffs. Especially considering how hard it has been to book some games.

And don't say videogames are  not exhausting. You kept jumping against us the other week over and over again (although you still kept the search going, which is retarded). The reason you finally gave us was you wanted to play "relaxing" games. And here you are saying people shouldnt complain about exhausting videogames. That deserves a LOL.

• Like 3