Poll: Should we wait for EA to fix EASHL lag before starting the ECL?

Kenu

ECL POLL  

134 members have voted

The results of this poll are hidden permanently..

I'm also getting bad delays and I'm like 9 out of 10 times as home team captain in our team. I have 100/10 connection and don't know what others get when they try to ping or traceroute 159.153.95.65, but Im getting 102-110ms max and still laggggggg..

Starting to get a bit frustrated.. can't play normally and I have started to get lag as away captain.  

Anyway IP blocks..URL blocks.. these "fixes" doesn't work. Well at least not for me. The best option for me is to play with WiFi, then I only get to be the captain only 6 out of 10 times:)

and...Cmon guys, you all should know EA Sports by now, they don't care and they won't fix this before christmas. I have a feeling this will take up to late spring...Wouldn't be surprised at all.

I voted yes, but now I change my vote to Drop in. We should at least try this.

-Commuwarrior

Edited by imosi
  • Like 3

At this moment i dont feel like playing this game at all so i voted yes. If the ECL starts before fix i think im not going to play in it. This is really horrible as i am home team captain 98% of games and when we once in a night get away game, opponent leaves in player selection room. I have horrible connection in every game but i just play throught it so atleast my team members get to play. Im useless on the ice so i just choose to park my ass in front of the opponent goalie and wish for best.

ps. Those 2% are away games, im always captain when we are in home. Well there was one strange night when i was never captain, and it was kind of fun.

Edited by Jnmxxx
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Jnmxxx said:

At this moment i dont feel like playing this game at all so i voted yes. If the ECL starts before fix i think im not going to play in it. This is really horrible as i am home team captain 98% of games and when we once in a night get away game, opponent leaves in player selection room. I have horrible connection in every game but i just play throught it so atleast my team members get to play. Im useless on the ice so i just choose to park my ass in front of the opponent goalie and wish for best.

ps. Those 2% are away games, im always captain when we are in home. Well there was one strange night when i was never captain, and it was kind of fun.

Exactly my thoughts.

4 hours ago, JaikenK said:

i ping easo.ea.com i get 118ms 

when i ping easo.ea.se i get 13ms 

should i block the first ip ? 

I Know many try this but is IT works for someone ? 

Sry im noob on this 

No..the IP you should block is 159.153.95.65. There already is a thread about this. The block only works if you can't ping anymore to it. Or that's what the big boys told me. 

Actually I got the block to work yesterday thanks to tbnantti. Had to make an script in my routers firewall. 

It didn't help me on Lan but on WiFi (wasn't captain in any of the games) I had really good connection.. Maybe it was just good luck. 

Edited by imosi

45 minutes ago, JaikenK said:

ok Imosi lainen 

but when i want check My ping to Ea from My internet i should ping .se and not .com Right? .com i ping us server i think?

Nej nej nej Jaikensson.

159.153.95.65 is one of the ea servers in NA, this is located in Redwood California, US and A.

The server in Europe is located in Ireland and the IP is 159.153.76.33

Edited by imosi

ok thank you Imosi 

8 hours ago, imosi said:

Nej nej nej Jaikenilainen.

159.153.95.65 is one of the ea servers in NA, this is located in Redwood California, US and A.

The server in Europe is located in Ireland and the IP is 159.153.76.33

Thank you Imosi ❤️ i got 48ms on 159.153.76.33

Edited by JaikenK

Hey sorry My stupid questions! 

But what happen now ? I can't see the 

future . We all Wait for the patch not 

coming.

This Is hopeless just Wait for the  FAT PIG ? fix the lag issue 

The new about NHL 17 will be 

No more lag ! 

Edited by JaikenK

• ECL Staff
On 18/11/2015, 21:54:28, Kenu said:

At what point do we actually just stuff it and soldier one without EA's help? 

I think the whole idea if EA allowing people to send in 'forms' is laughable, never has there been a more useless form of communication than the fabled questionnaire. (Okay, maybe this is a bit far but how would this help EA at all in fixing the problem? "Oh, we now know people have crippling lag that is generally associated with home games, who knew?"). 

First off, that questionnaire is completely NA based. There is not a single option for 'other' when picking your ISP (unless they changed it since the last time I look at it) so immediately it signals that they are too incompetent to even realise that Europeans play the game. 

Secondly, with the first point in mind, do you guys honestly think that EA will 'fix' the lag, now with the word 'fix' I mean really fix, not doing a cop out and reducing the amount of lag from 1s to .5s . For instance remember when the hip checking was ridiculously OP in the NHL 12 (?) release? Remember how they 'fixed' it? They removed the hip checking from the game effectively and it took them months to do anything with it. 

Waiting around for the magical EA to fix anything is borderline insane and a huge misstep. Imo we should play asap because waiting will only reduce the amount of people interested (as their willingness to play fades as the year progresses), although that could be a blessing one could argue given the ridiculous amount of teams that have signed up.

1 minute ago, MartindalexC said:

Waiting around for the magical EA to fix anything is borderline insane and a huge misstep. Imo we should play asap because waiting will only reduce the amount of people interested (as their willingness to play fades as the year progresses), although that could be a blessing one could argue given the ridiculous amount of teams that have signed up.

I think at this point we are mainly waiting @Kenu getting league side to work up and running to the website :) He's been super busy with work and school so it is understandable why it has delayed too :)

• ECL Staff
Just now, MovaaN said:

I think at this point we are mainly waiting @Kenu getting league side to work up and running to the website :) He's been super busy with work and school so it is understandable why it has delayed too :)

But is it? Look, I'm not trying to be aggressive or purposefully awkward but come on. This site has been in his mind for atleast a year and we're still waiting? To me that's just plain silly and the 'lag' is getting used as a scapegoat when it is completely down to the site not even being complete. 

Don't mistake this for me just bitching, it's along the lines of looking at this situation critically more than anything else. 

• Administrators

Excellent write-up @MartindalexC and I agree 100% with your concerns. When originally bringing up the issue I was a bit more hopeful of EA coming up with a solution quickly. Now that we've got some more facts, it seems that it will take more time than anticipated.

At this point, like @MovaaN said above, we're not simply sitting on our hands waiting for EA to fix the game. @Lurkins and I are working on the finishing touches necessary before "letting people in". We ran into a bug with signing in that is just as annoying as it sounds. We have a temporary fix for that in our mind, in case the planned sign-in won't work from the get go.

I apologise for the poor communication on our part. I've been overwhelmingly busy in the past weeks and it saddens me that it has taken its toll on the web development side. Unfortunately, I have had to prioritise work.

I have now taken three days off work in order to write an essay and work on the website. This is why I've said that you can expect an update by the end of Wednesday.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, MartindalexC said:

But is it? Look, I'm not trying to be aggressive or purposefully awkward but come on. This site has been in his mind for atleast a year and we're still waiting? To me that's just plain silly and the 'lag' is getting used as a scapegoat when it is completely down to the site not even being complete. 

Don't mistake this for me just bitching, it's along the lines of looking at this situation critically more than anything else. 

Appreciate the feedback. I do admit (as discussed from the get-go) that the website status is pushing back the start of the league, but at the same time I honestly do think that the league would benefit from it, if EA fixed their issues. If it was a two week wait, then sure. If not, I guess we have to move on and hope that the fix arrives somewhere along the line. The poll was made to get an overview of the urgency inside the community to determine whether there was patience or not to wait for a couple weeks. Since about half of the voters felt like there's no need to rush into things, we continued on our design path instead of throwing something quick together as a quick fix. This will benefit us in the future.

I absolutely hate to keep the community waiting and I'd love nothing more than to get to start the league. With lag, as it seems to be looking like.

Regarding your comment about how the site has been in my mind for at least a year and you're still waiting: The website has been in my mind since 2009, but unfortunately it takes a lot of work to make it a reality.

If this was a business, I might fire myself, but since we're investing our money and time into bringing people a platform they'll (hopefully) be happy with, I hope you guys have the patience to wait just a little bit. And I don't blame you for being impatient; I would be too - especially with the lack of quality communication from our side.

With all of the above said: We will update you further on Wednesday.