ECL 5 Poll: Should a new team be allowed to apply for ECL Pro?

ECL 5 Poll  

186 members have voted

The results of this poll are hidden permanently..

2 minutes ago, JaikenK said:

Haha what is this😂 Ok i Will start a new team and invite My members and play in Lite and Easy come to Elite playoff 

No, it wouldnt be easy because you wouldnt be the only one trying to do that.

What annoys me with the division system is that you have to play in Elite to be able to win the cup, I think that it would be a much better system if all teams, regardless of Division at least in theory had the chance to win and not limit that oppertunity to the teams in Elite. 

1 minute ago, JaikenK said:

no u can win the cup in your divison . its must be more fun for Lite teams play in their own level ? 

Just now, Tuukka.R said:

OMFG! Is this a joke right ? :D

Yes, in a world where this works it would be, but something tells me that every single season for as long as NHLgamer has got this division system working like it works right now the best team (or maybe even a few teams) in Lite will be better then the worst teams in Elite. If the team winning the Lite Playoff then get a spot in the Elite Playoffs, I dont see what is wrong with that. They dont even have to get a spot, the can play Elite Team number 8 for the 8th spot.

If this League or community was pro for real we wouldnt have to worry about it in the same way because teams wouldt come and go by the dozens every season and there wouldnt be issues with teams swapping more or less the entire roster.

2 minutes ago, Peacerich_se said:

Yes, in a world where this works it would be, but something tells me that every single season for as long as NHLgamer has got this division system working like it works right now the best team (or maybe even a few teams) in Lite will be better then the worst teams in Elite. If the team winning the Lite Playoff then get a spot in the Elite Playoffs, I dont see what is wrong with that. They dont even have to get a spot, the can play Elite Team number 8 for the 8th spot.

If this League or community was pro for real we wouldnt have to worry about it in the same way because teams wouldt come and go by the dozens every season and there wouldnt be issues with teams swapping more or less the entire roster.

This year sedel award goes to... :ph34r:

• Like 2

Try and explain how my suggestion is a joke and why?

Because you think that 7th and 8th spots dont deserve their spot in playoffs, and more so you think lower division teams have earned their right to compete in elite playoffs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Peacerich_se said:

what is this 

Edited by nylanderi
  • Like 2

• Members
4 hours ago, koojiikoojii said:

3) Is it possible to create cup that takes place at the same time ECL seasons(?). We could use similar format they use in English football (FA-cup).

Then we could see some cross-action between division lines in "serious" games! And them newly formed challengers would have a good spot to show their skills already during their grindfest through lower divisions! And every round should definitely be Bo1 so stakes would be high in every game and this wouldn't take too much time during ECL game weeks. Would love to see lower division team knocking out elite teams in this one!

See you on the ice!

kjkj

This struck a chord with me. Sounds like it could potentially be very interesting and cool! The EC - European Cup :) 

Could lead to teams having slightly larger rosters due to an extra game day every week. Also a great way for new players to claw their way into more established teams and prove their worth in competition games that are "serious", but not as "serious" as teams view the ECL.

• Like 5

Just now, Lauri said:

Because you think that 7th and 8th spots dont deserve their spot in playoffs, and more so you think lower division teams have earned their right to compete in elite playoffs. 

Its not a pro league, we do as we please with who deserve what and why, my point overall is that I dont see why the top team in Lite and Pro shoulnt be given a chance in the Elite Playoffs, how this should work we can all discuss but that is what I want and I cant possibly be the only one who think that its a good idea that before every season ALL teams can at least dream about it. Does it have to be the number 7 and 8 spot? Ofcourse not! Expand Elite to like 22 teams and give playoff spot 15 and 16 to Pro and Lite, have team 7-10 in Elite and the best team in Pro and Lite play short 6 team tournament where the top two teams get spot number 7 and 8. This can be done in a "million" ways. 

Its not a pro league, we do as we please with who deserve what and why, my point overall is that I dont see why the top team in Lite and Pro shoulnt be given a chance in the Elite Playoffs, how this should work we can all discuss but that is what I want and I cant possibly be the only one who think that its a good idea that before every season ALL teams can at least dream about it. Does it have to be the number 7 and 8 spot? Ofcourse not! Expand Elite to like 22 teams and give playoff spot 15 and 16 to Pro and Lite, have team 7-10 in Elite and the best team in Pro and Lite play short 6 team tournament where the top two teams get spot number 7 and 8. This can be done in a "million" ways. 

with 22 teams its no longer elite imo

• Like 2

Why bother with divisions? 

1 minute ago, nylanderi said:

with 22 teams its no longer elite imo

I agree, but neither is the current 16 and again, lets not focus on the exact numbers and "suggestions", 16,18,20,22,30,10, whatever, lets discuss the possibilities on how we handle the "problems" with missplaced teams.

1 minute ago, Lauri said:

Why bother with divisions? 

Im not a big fan of divisions myself but since the community overall seem to be pro divisions I´ll kind of have to take division into consideration :P

8 minutes ago, Peacerich_se said:

I agree, but neither is the current 16 and again, lets not focus on the exact numbers and "suggestions", 16,18,20,22,30,10, whatever, lets discuss the possibilities on how we handle the "problems" with missplaced teams.

Im not a big fan of divisions myself but since the community overall seem to be pro divisions I´ll kind of have to take division into consideration

U seem to know quite a bit about elite teams skill level... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peacerich_se said:

Or we can just make it so that all teams, even the teams in Pro and Lite can win the playoffs in Elite.

As it is right now the top 8 teams in Elite will play the Elite playoff, why not just cut it down to the top 6 teams and give spot number 7 to the best team in Pro and spot number 8 to the best team in Lite. 

Wakeup

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JaikenK said:

Haha what is this😂 Ok i Will start a new team and invite My members and play in Lite and Easy come to Elite playoff 

if it's hard for your team to get into elite playoffs normally, without getting 1st in Lite, I don't think you would have much of a chance of winning the cup.

19 hours ago, Peacerich_se said:

"i dont know what they smoke at Highbury but it must be some Heavy stuff" O.o

Edited by Bjono
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, nylanderi said:

U seem to know quite a bit about elite teams skill level... 

It depends, if we were professional as f*ck there are maybe 8ish teams in this community that I consider clearly being above the rest, so if Elite was only for the very best teams we could more or less cut it in half, not that I want that, suggest that or think that it would be a good idea, it would be a disaster for the community, much like how it would kill the Premier League if it was cut in half :P There are quit alot of teams both Pro and Lite that I fear more then some of the teams in Elite.

Off topic, but still.

Apperently Elite spots are up for sale now, it will be fun to see where we go from here if people start buying spots left right and center. 

1 minute ago, Peacerich_se said:

It depends, if we were professional as f*ck there are maybe 8ish teams in this community that I consider clearly being above the rest, so if Elite was only for the very best teams we could more or less cut it in half, not that I want that, suggest that or think that it would be a good idea, it would be a disaster for the community, much like how it would kill the Premier League if it was cut in half :P There are quit alot of teams both Pro and Lite that I fear more then some of the teams in Elite.

Off topic, but still.

Apperently Elite spots are up for sale now, it will be fun to see where we go from here if people start buying spots left right and center. 

Sry, but AGAIN :D

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Peacerich_se said:

It depends, if we were professional as f*ck there are maybe 8ish teams in this community that I consider clearly being above the rest, so if Elite was only for the very best teams we could more or less cut it in half, not that I want that, suggest that or think that it would be a good idea, it would be a disaster for the community, much like how it would kill the Premier League if it was cut in half  There are quit alot of teams both Pro and Lite that I fear more then some of the teams in Elite.

Off topic, but still.

Are you stupid or is this huge troll attempt ? Sorry to tell you this Lite is for beginners and Pro for good players. No way top elite teams could lose to these teams. Its ridiculous idea. Get some real info before these suggestions. If you fear lite teams more than elite teams I guess you havent played agaisnt them yet. There are ok teams in lite and pro but we have best teams in elite and in my opinion we dont have 16 real elite lvl teams in elite even now...