Leijonat eHockey Open question

JakePlay77

• ECL Staff

There is registration open for this: https://sportsgamer.gg/leijonat

In that description of the tournament it says it is for both platforms PS5 and Xbox Series S/X but in registration there is only for PS5. So is that only for PS5? And in rules there is only PS5 mentioned.

So is Xbox Series S/X on that tournament? And I am meaning for 1vs1. There is crossplay in 4vs4 so there is Xbox possible but in terms of 1vs1 in online versus if Xbox is on there should be two separate tournaments. As far as I know there is no crossplay in online versus - only HUT 1vs1. 

Edit: My mistake, it says there in description that 1vs1 is only for PS5 and 4vs4 is for both. So all clear now.

Edited by JakePlay77

• Administrators
On 12/21/2023 at 9:29 AM, JakePlay77 said:

There is registration open for this: https://sportsgamer.gg/leijonat

In that description of the tournament it says it is for both platforms PS5 and Xbox Series S/X but in registration there is only for PS5. So is that only for PS5? And in rules there is only PS5 mentioned.

So is Xbox Series S/X on that tournament? And I am meaning for 1vs1. There is crossplay in 4vs4 so there is Xbox possible but in terms of 1vs1 in online versus if Xbox is on there should be two separate tournaments. As far as I know there is no crossplay in online versus - only HUT 1vs1. 

Edit: My mistake, it says there in description that 1vs1 is only for PS5 and 4vs4 is for both. So all clear now.

Yep, you answered your own question, but yep, 1v1 is PS5 only and 4v4 supports both Xbox Series S/X and PS5. The reason being the lack of crossplay support on the Online Versus side.

• Thanks 1

• ECL Staff
On 27.12.2023 at 14.16, Kenu kirjoitti:

The reason being the lack of crossplay support on the Online Versus side.

Thanks for the reply @Kenu !!! I thought that is the reason. It is the pity that there is no crossplay in online versus.

On the other hand, I think these 1vs1 tournament could be played using HUT. NHL 24 World Championship which is soon to be starting will be played using HUT. I also think that most people participating competitions in NHL 1vs1 (just like in EA Sports FC or eFootball etc. with Dream Team mode) have reasonable teams already so HUT can also be game mode used it tournaments in my opinion.

There can also be restrictions in player card to be used if needed like max. OVR 85 or max. rated cards or something like that. But I am sure crossplay will be implemented in online versus in future. But it is not too big problem for not able to participate since I will begin my NHL 24 World Championship campaign next week like all the others participating in it.