Player Ability Bans - ECL '24 Season Discussion

• Members
1 timme sedan, Lxndstrom säger:

I think there is still very much More people who thinks that those ability Need to be Jannen.

So much more fun to watch this game if trucu and tipperi is banned 

I really that thinks works like that but couple guys tried to ask if we make this kind a ”gentleman eile” but people only say that if it isn’t banned by sportsgamer we play with those 

People who want specific changes are usually louder and more inclined to campaign for those changes than the ones who are content with the way things are. 

I think the gentlemans rule is a good compromise, with the understanding that it is always okay to turn that suggestion down.

• Like 2

I think we need to think about this topic how we get games be more fun to watch from the viewer's point of view so if trucu and tipper going to be banned we get more attacking side of thinks run the games and game looking much more entertaining.

• Like 4

Its same for everyone so just use those abilities. Those are included in game so no need to ban anything because everyone is able to use those. Hitting in this game has been ruined after few patches so there need to be some way to get good hits as a Dman. There is always people who wants to ban something, like should we ban Stick 'em Up, its so unrealistic like you can spam pokecheck and nearly never get a penalty, every shooting abilities like close quarter, make it snappy etc are too OP, there is lot of bullshit goals with them from a goalie view (many times goalies have been positioning well and still those go through). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 tuntia sitten, Saviinainen kirjoitti:

every shooting abilities like close quarter, make it snappy etc are too OP, there is lot of bullshit goals with them from a goalie view (many times goalies have been positioning well and still those go through). 

While I agree that the shooting traits are powerful, they are still much better state than previous year (or start of this NHL) so I personally wouldn't complain about them. And as a goalie I really can't comprehend how good Truculence is so I won't have any opinion should it be banned as others will have better opinion than me.

However I've seen some wild shit with Big Tipper. One time somebody shot from point and defender blocked the shot and because this the puck trickled extremely slow speed. Still somebody with this perk got their stick onto it and the puck went like rocket to the top corner ignoring all the physics. And of course as a goalie I've seen numerous times how somebody shoots puck 3 meters high and wide and still somebody with Big Tipper is able to deflect it into goal :D

I mean most of the perks require you to have some skill to pull it off. For example shooting perks require good positioning and understanding when and where to shoot. Even Truculence requires you to able to hit checks. However with gold Big Tipper player becomes immediately god tier finisher, with him just literally standing there doing nothing. Imo NPC-tier perk.

• Like 5
  • Love it! 1

close quarters is nowhere close to being as op as previous games this year, tbh i think make it snappy is more broken

Truculence is not just op it makes the gameplay incredibly boring to watch and play, its not just about skillgap and so on its about it being boring to play with.. creativity is kind of dead with truculence being a thing.

When u ban truculence u need to ban unstoppable force with it aswell..

Big tipper is awful and needs banning. I personally feel like tips are op already even tho you dont have big tipper activated.

And this about it being same for everyone that is ofc true but honestly i think theres a bigger majority who believes the game got more boring when truculence was introduced than people who thought it became more fun! We banned truculence last year and with how the hitting is this year truculence is even more broken so i honestly cant understand how it is not banned yet, Its insane really it honestly is.

• Like 13
  • Love it! 3

7 tuntia sitten, Saviinainen kirjoitti:

Its same for everyone so just use those abilities. Those are included in game so no need to ban anything because everyone is able to use those. Hitting in this game has been ruined after few patches so there need to be some way to get good hits as a Dman. There is always people who wants to ban something, like should we ban Stick 'em Up, its so unrealistic like you can spam pokecheck and nearly never get a penalty, every shooting abilities like close quarter, make it snappy etc are too OP, there is lot of bullshit goals with them from a goalie view (many times goalies have been positioning well and still those go through). 

Everyone is able to use those:

-> But that doesn't make them not overpowered. For example, pro players in COD have "Gentlemen's agreement" for certain guns/attachments. Eventho everybody can use those, they are not enjoyable for majority of players/viewers.

Hitting in this game has been ruined after few patches:

-> Yes, there has been couple of patches for hitting, but currently hitting animation (if u press R3 down) gives you little speedboost, add that to truculences "assistant" (sometimes) to lock on to players. I dont like that.

there need to be some way to get good hits as a Dman.

-> Hitting is not hard in this game, but if you want a perk that helps it little bit: shutdown

There is always people who wants to ban something

-> I think its good that we have discussions, and actions if needed. If majority of players feel like something needs to be banned then its good improvement.

like should we ban Stick 'em Up, its so unrealistic like you can spam pokecheck and nearly never get a penalty

-> I'm not sure if you just gave a bad example or you really think that, but if you spam pokecheck you lose speed a LOT. Thats how the game counters spamming. Stick em Up might help on not getting penalty on pokes so easily dunno.

every shooting abilities like close quarter, make it snappy etc are too OP, there is lot of bullshit goals with them from a goalie view (many times goalies have been positioning well and still those go through

-> Weird and bullshit goals have always been in NHL. I dont think shooting abilities are op, they activate weirdly sometimes BUT without shooting abilities I promise you forwards would EVEN more try to force backdoor pass, because it would be the only way to score. Its almost like that already (not many forwards are looking for snipes from usual irl spots).

3 tuntia sitten, antoniomannen004 kirjoitti:

When u ban truculence u need to ban unstoppable force with it aswell..

^i agree

Edited by ripKeisari
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it! 1

12 tuntia sitten, ripKeisari kirjoitti:

-> Yes, there has been couple of patches for hitting, but currently hitting animation (if u press R3 down) gives you little speedboost, add that to truculences "assistant" (sometimes) to lock on to players. I dont like that.

Not commenting on anything else as I pretty much agree.

But truc’s hitting assistance bonus was removed in a patch in November (https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-24/news/november-9th-patch-notes?isLocalized=true). Dunno if it’s been reverted after that.

Edited by pakjiz

But that doesn't make them not overpowered. For example, pro players in COD have "Gentlemen's agreement" for certain guns/attachments. Eventho everybody can use those, they are not enjoyable for majority of players/viewers.

We need that gentlemen rule. There is couple tournees left for this dogsh*t game so lets try to make this happen and have more enjoyable games 

• Like 2

16 tuntia sitten, ripKeisari kirjoitti:

Everyone is able to use those:

-> But that doesn't make them not overpowered. For example, pro players in COD have "Gentlemen's agreement" for certain guns/attachments. Eventho everybody can use those, they are not enjoyable for majority of players/viewers.

there need to be some way to get good hits as a Dman.

-> Hitting is not hard in this game, but if you want a perk that helps it little bit: shutdown

There is always people who wants to ban something

-> I think its good that we have discussions, and actions if needed. If majority of players feel like something needs to be banned then its good improvement.

like should we ban Stick 'em Up, its so unrealistic like you can spam pokecheck and nearly never get a penalty

-> I'm not sure if you just gave a bad example or you really think that, but if you spam pokecheck you lose speed a LOT. Thats how the game counters spamming. Stick em Up might help on not getting penalty on pokes so easily dunno.

every shooting abilities like close quarter, make it snappy etc are too OP, there is lot of bullshit goals with them from a goalie view (many times goalies have been positioning well and still those go through

-> Weird and bullshit goals have always been in NHL. I dont think shooting abilities are op, they activate weirdly sometimes BUT without shooting abilities I promise you forwards would EVEN more try to force backdoor pass, because it would be the only way to score. Its almost like that already (not many forwards are looking for snipes from usual irl spots).

^i agree

Listen to this guy!!!

3 tuntia sitten, pakjiz kirjoitti:

Not commenting on anything else as I pretty much agree.

But truc’s hitting assistance bonus was removed in a patch in November (https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-24/news/november-9th-patch-notes?isLocalized=true). Dunno if it’s been reverted after that.

They but it right back in like couple days

Maybe sometimes we need to take example in others like in NA there is trucu, tipper, uf banned and i think they even banned trucu before it was even in available in chel

• Like 2

18 tuntia sitten, Sammy_Lx kirjoitti:

We need that gentlemen rule. There is couple tournees left for this dogsh*t game so lets try to make this happen and have more enjoyable games 

Yeah, i think some teams would be like some1 said previously: ”its not banned in rulebooks, we use it”. Its hard to get everyone on the same page, even in elite. 

One solution could be like group chat for every Elite team’s captains and there would be vote. Captains would then consult their team, and have 1 vote per team. One by one trucu/uf/tipper/other would be voted if they are banned as ”gentlemen’s agreement”. 

Lets say 11/16 would ban everyone of these, then its banned in elite but not officially in rulebook. So theres no repercussions, but just respect to each team & the vote.

Then pro’s captains could do the same vote in their league, and lite etc.

• Like 14

16.03.2024 в 14:25, ripKeisari сказал:

Yeah, i think some teams would be like some1 said previously: ”its not banned in rulebooks, we use it”. Its hard to get everyone on the same page, even in elite. 

One solution could be like group chat for every Elite team’s captains and there would be vote. Captains would then consult their team, and have 1 vote per team. One by one trucu/uf/tipper/other would be voted if they are banned as ”gentlemen’s agreement”. 

Lets say 11/16 would ban everyone of these, then its banned in elite but not officially in rulebook. So theres no repercussions, but just respect to each team & the vote.

Then pro’s captains could do the same vote in their league, and lite etc.

What's the point of this anarchy? ) There is a league which create rules and boundries in which we all are playing, so whats the point to invent smth yourself showing kind of disrespect for the league actually. Maybe its better to discuss the matter with the league and get some kind of common ground here. If majority wants perks banned - they will be banned. Simple as that. If not - live with it. Its how democracy works i guess))) sry if it sound awkward from the guy living in Russia )))))

• Like 6
  • Love it! 2

On 18.3.2024 at 12.10, Baranizer kirjoitti:

What's the point of this anarchy? ) There is a league which create rules and boundries in which we all are playing, so whats the point to invent smth yourself showing kind of disrespect for the league actually. Maybe its better to discuss the matter with the league and get some kind of common ground here. If majority wants perks banned - they will be banned. Simple as that. If not - live with it. Its how democracy works i guess))) sry if it sound awkward from the guy living in Russia )))))

Yeah maybe, my point wasn't to disrespect league or its rules. It was to show potential way to make GA work, without SportsGamer needing to add it to its rulebook (and next year to remove it, and have this discussion again. This way elite/pro players could react to unbalanced traits faster). 

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Apologies for the lack of replies on this subject. 

ECL '24: Spring -  ECL_8_Elite_logo_350x350.png Elite & ECL_8_Pro_logo_350x350.png Pro Bans the following traits (Gold and Silver): 

•  Truculance
  •  Big Tipper
  •  Unstoppable Force

ECL '24: Spring -  ECL_8_Lite_logo_350x350.png Lite & ECL_Core_logo_350x350.png Core:

• The first week will have no bans, however
    • A one-week poll has be opened to vote on whether or not to ban the three traits mentioned above or not.
    • If the community agrees, the ban of the traits will be active in week 2.

ECL '24: Spring - ECL_Neo_logo_350x350.pngNeo:

• There are no bans on traits.

This will be reflected in the rulebook and a news story later tonight.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Love it! 6
  • Sad 1