Home captain input-lag

Have you discussed this problem among the staff? We all EASHL players know that this problem still exists. I know that this tournament is only in its early stages but me and probably many others are interested in your approach to this problem.

I myself would like to suggest that you take this matter serious, because the lag is a game killer and it affects tremendously the teams performance who has the input lag.

Just want to hear your thoughts and ideas!

• Administrators

Have you discussed this problem among the staff? We all EASHL players know that this problem still exists. I know that this tournament is only in its early stages but me and probably many others are interested in your approach to this problem.

I myself would like to suggest that you take this matter serious, because the lag is a game killer and it affects tremendously the teams performance who has the input lag.

Just want to hear your thoughts and ideas!

Hey @gendlik, nice to see you here!

It has been briefly discussed. So far we have no solution, other than:

1. Investigate the issue further throughout the community and share best-practice to minimise the lag for everyone.
  2. Hope EA fixes the issue.
  3. Hope the invite version of drop-in somehow works better.
  4. Have every team play an equal amount of home and away games and randomise which teams plays the first game at home.

Any other ideas are welcome. :)

Edited by Kenu

What we've experienced so far is that if home team lobby leader is the home captain too, then the C has major lag issues. Otherwise home C lag has been pretty random and rare for us. And we always go play home if our lobby leader isn't captain in the match. It doesn't always work but most of the time yes.

One thing to test too in invitational drop-ins, that the player who starts that private lobby isn't captain of either team. Kinda A's start and invite players to the lobby.

• Administrators

Would two teams or 12 people be kind enough to test this for a few games? As they are unranked, you can quit games and start new ones to see if you have different results regarding lag in the different games.

Things to test:

• When playing in a private lobby, is it laggy for 1 player or for more players?
    • If only one, is it the one creating the room?
      • If yes, try creating the room and inviting everyone, then dropping out yourself and ask to be invited back.
        • Is it still lagging? Who is having the most issues?
  • Please have all 12 players write down (even just one word from the scale: GREAT, GOOD, ACCEPTABLE, BAD, TERRIBLE) and it would be good to start (and play long enough so everyone has an opinion) at least 10 games, so we can get an ok sample-size.

(Please feel free to come up with things to add to the list of things to try)

Who's in?

Either let everyone know that you have a full team that would like to participate or let us know that you want to join as one person. Thanks!

Edited by Kenu

Im not gonna be captain no matter what, allready having shitty connections and "stuck in the mud" feeling allmost in every game, so i will not take any more delay even it would be minimal. :D

I dont see any logic on that goalie would not lagg. It will be fucking disaster if goalies need to host every time. You are not gonna see that delay that well because you are not moving that much as other players. I dont see any point if there will be some rule about "who need to be captain" Im just suggest that, anyone can be the host and if its lagg, you can start over with different captain/host. Every team should have enough time for couple of restart if needed.. 

Edited by OODAP
  • Like 1

They've had some success fixing this on reddit

Apparently they blocked an Irish IP address belonging to EA and that fixes input lag for captains playing in North America. Could this work in reverse, is it possible to block US servers the same way for us Europeans?

Does anyone know what the addresses are?

They've had some success fixing this on reddit

Apparently they blocked an Irish IP address belonging to EA and that fixes input lag for captains playing in North America. Could this work in reverse, is it possible to block US servers the same way for us Europeans?

Does anyone know what the addresses are?

There are three different servers in Cali that I've found, unfortunately my router encrypts the IPs even if I can block them. I asked Netduma support if they can tell me the IPs. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear from them.

• Administrators

Im not gonna be captain no matter what, allready having shitty connections and "stuck in the mud" feeling allmost in every game, so i will not take any more delay even it would be minimal. :D

I dont see any logic on that goalie would not lagg. It will be fucking disaster if goalies need to host every time. You are not gonna see that delay that well because you are not moving that much as other players. I dont see any point if there will be some rule about "who need to be captain" Im just suggest that, anyone can be the host and if its lagg, you can start over with different captain/host. Every team should have enough time for couple of restart if needed.. 

Don't worry OODAP, we are simply testing every angle we can think of,

@Jiihooo86: Please try the different things I listed above, such as exiting the session after inviting everyone else and being re-invited.

There are three different servers in Cali that I've found, unfortunately my router encrypts the IPs even if I can block them. I asked Netduma support if they can tell me the IPs. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear from them.

Msgd with Ozzyng who is involved with the 6s scene in NA, and EA has promised them a fix within a week now that they know what's happening. Euro fix should be in within two weeks, via a patch or a server side fix.

• Like 2

Msgd with Ozzyng who is involved with the 6s scene in NA, and EA has promised them a fix within a week now that they know what's happening. Euro fix should be in within two weeks, via a patch or a server side fix.

More info from ozzyng:

159.153.76.33 is the bad server. when tracing it or going through it people experience input/control delay. If you block it in your router you will connect to the other.

*159.153.95.65 is the good IP, you can trace that and check.

Blocking that IP might/should help with input lag.

If you try this please let me know if it works, the guy in NA is still talking with EA as we speak. More data, the quicker the issue gets solved.

• Like 1

@milesizdead maybe do that backwards for EU players? block NA server to prevent wrong routing to servers? though we might need the URL too because some routers aren't able to block IP's

159.153.76.33 is apparently the one for us Euros to block. I tried blocking the one us EASHL players all connect to in the US, and we couldn't connect to a single game. The signal goes through Ireland and ends up in Redwood Cali, obviously we don't play on the Cali server, as we would all have an extra half a second delay, every game, but the end server receives the game data, goals etc. There's one server in Ireland that causes data to "go bad", the good one should work better. All data goes through Ireland, and during peak traffic you might end up using the bad Irish server even if you block it. This is what I'm hearing from NA at least.

I agree the US fix shouldn't work for the EU-players. On the contrary, I think we need to rout through Ireland.

Apparently the same server is causing all the mayhem.

Did anyone try blocking 159.153.76.33 last night? Any help?

• Like 1

...And an update. The servers, like you suspected, were reversed. Human error of course, from the US side. Apparently they were very tired at the time of sending the message :)

Anyways, the IP to block is indeed 159.153.95.65

I´m gonna test that after work today.

...And an update. The servers, like you suspected, were reversed. Human error of course, from the US side. Apparently they were very tired at the time of sending the message :)

Anyways, the IP to block is indeed 159.153.95.65

so dn for 159.153.95.65 is probably gosprodfeapp0474.ea.com ? My router has only URL blocking so i'm gonna have to try with what nslookup fetched for 159.153.95.65

Edited by XelsFIN