UK player base; Xbox vs PlayStation

Geekie23

Hi everyone, just wanted to make a quick post because I’ve been thinking about this for a few months now. I thought it’d be good to get a sort of consensus if you like about the UK player base and which console they use.

I’ve been on this sight for a while and I’ve really struggled to find UK based teams for the PS4. Not only that but I joined a Facebook group for British players of the game and that was a bust too. The reason for that though was because everyone in that group plays the game on Xbox. Any time I see a league I’d like to join… Xbox 😞

Its gotten to the point where I’m wondering if I should get an Xbox just to play NHL but then is Xbox similar to PlayStation where you have to pay a subscription to be able to play online games? 

I’d appreciate any thoughts on this. Is the PlayStation UK player base not as small as I’m thinking it is? 

Thanks 🇬🇧 

• Like 7

• ECL Staff

Hey @Geekie23

Sorry for the late response!

So from what I can make out, it seems like most UK players that play 6s are indeed on Playstation, however there just really aren't that many to begin with. Quite a few play 3s but again, we're struggling to hit double digits in terms of teams and or players at this point :D there's a few British teams that played in the WECL 3 (Nottingham Panthers, London Lightning, & Cardiff Devils) so if you wanted to immediately jump in I'd recommend sending those teams a message and seeing if you can get some games going! :)

• Like 6