I'm perhaps one of the few people that wanted ECL 3 to be played like this one more time, so you're thoughts on me are far away from being true. I've enjoyed this but we dont have to do it three times per year. We've seen it already.

"Kill the competetiveness" by adding more meaningful games? This is something I just dont get. We have two very different opinions on this, that is all.

Like I said, we'll see. B|

Edited by vSilenttio

7 minutes ago, vSilenttio said:

I'm perhaps one of the few people that wanted ECL 3 to be played like this one more time, so you're thoughts on me are far away from being true. I've enjoyed this but we dont have to do it three times per year. We've seen it already.

"Kill the competetiveness" by adding more meaningful games? This is something I just dont get. We have two very different opinions on this, that is all.

Like I said, we'll see. B|

We will. 

I'm not saying we shouldn't aim for competitive gaming. I'm saying that anything else than two divisions are contraproductive in order for us to achieve our goal. 

Do you think the team that drops out from division 2 will try to battle their way back to division 2? I think not. In fact I think that team will stop playing or dismantle all together. What we have to understand is ... Every team in this community matter.

More than two divisions also makes it super hard to attract newcomers. 

I kind of agree with Jesus here. In a perfect world, the division system would benefit everyone. However, as it is, it will cater to the elite/top teams and completely disregard the needs of the mid- to low-tier teams. What do they want/need? I agree with everything Jesus has said about the skill gap becoming wider and wider because people don't want to join the teams that aren't in the top division. The division system will create its own ecosystem of top players and teams and isolate the rest of the players and teams out. I completely understand why the top teams and players want that, but what will it do for the community? We need fresh blood and players with motivation. I'm all for playing more meaningful games, but for the rest of the community "meaningful games" might be playing against and challenging the top teams.

I don't think the issue is as big as it has been made out to be, but it's something to consider. I personally think the shorter seasons with more groups but all the teams has been the best concept thus far.

EDIT: Just to reiterate, on a personal basis I love the fact that I get to play against only the best teams, but I think we should look at the bigger picture - how the division system affects the community as a whole.

Edited by tbnantti
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Jesus said:

We will. 

I'm not saying we shouldn't aim for competitive gaming. I'm saying that anything else than two divisions are contraproductive in order for us to achieve our goal. 

Do you think the team that drops out from division 2 will try to battle their way back to division 2? I think not. In fact I think that team will stop playing or dismantle all together. What we have to understand is ... Every team in this community matter.

More than two divisions also makes it super hard to attract newcomers. 

Yeah I think as well there shoud be  2 divisions. Guess we will see some "weak" teams in 1 division as well so thats why Unknown are more than welcome but anyway will see how many teams are in 1 div. And guys go private if need throw more shit plz this isnt kindergarden right ? 

12 minutes ago, Tuukka.R said:

Yeah I think as well there shoud be  2 divisions. Guess we will see some "weak" teams in 1 division as well so thats why Unknown are more than welcome but anyway will see how many teams are in 1 div. And guys go private if need throw more shit plz this isnt kindergarden right ? 

Perhaps. But Im pretty certain that we can expand the number of teams that will be able to compete in div 1. There is a lot of quaility out there. That must be our goal, right? I don't think the magical number is 16. Right now, I think there is 20 teams that could make for a exciting first division. I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to compete.

Also keep in mind that a larger div 1 opens up for a more competetive and even division 2 since there will be more ok teams competing against each other and not elite teams crushing ok teams with a narrow div 1. It will also be really hard for newcomers in div 1 to establish themselfs if the division is so tight and closed. We have to give newcomers some sort of breathing room.

This will make for a healthy league.

47 minutes ago, tbnantti said:

The division system will create its own ecosystem of top players and teams and isolate the rest of the players and teams out. I completely understand why the top teams and players want that, but what will it do for the community? We need fresh blood and players with motivation. I'm all for playing more meaningful games, but for the rest of the community "meaningful games" might be playing against and challenging the top teams.

EDIT: Just to reiterate, on a personal basis I love the fact that I get to play against only the best teams, but I think we should look at the bigger picture - how the division system affects the community as a whole.

This is valid point, for sure. It's all on how community takes the divisions. If people take it with good, hungry attitude, I see no problems. And to be honest, med/low tier teams play much more EASHL on top teams, and then face them once in ECL. So wouldn't be that big change after all, they just would play more meaningful games on teams that battle from the same spots as they do.  

Divisions will share the big, rising community of ours to different levels anyways. Having only two would be less in my opinion, and if we would have two, the Top division should have 24 teams at maximum as otherwise it wouldn't be "Elite". Three then, it depends on how people takes it so yeah, I understand, a lot more risky business.

Lots of interesting points there from @Jesus and @tbnantti, but personally I would just love to have real Top league. And then if I'd play in Div2, I would like to keep it more like Top league is (not facing 80% of the community as in the end we dont need 50 games to solve who's the best).

And @Tuukka.R, who's fighting here? Pls. It's called discussion.

Edited by vSilenttio

Im all for a 3 division system. Don't really see any point to having a 2 division system. Might as well just keep it as it is with smaller groups.

3 divisions is good because you have beginner teams who will hopefully not quit playing after 4-5 consecutive 0-10 losses, and you will have the mid tier teams who can aspire to become a top division team. And no that doesn't mean you will isolate the community because in contradiction to other people's views I believe you get better by practise not by getting top players. The so called top players are already in the top teams. In what way would it be different with 3 divisions?

• Like 2

• Administrators

Glad to see so much discussion going on and especially so much effort put into the reasoning behind your thoughts. Really appreciate it.

Our proposal for the ECL Divisions is now up. Please give it a read and continue discussing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In the standings there should be a column for:

PK% (boxplay)

Time on attack average

And after played and registered games there should be the possibility to comment, as there was on the good old consolehockey.

Also it should be possible to navigate to earlier tournaments and find standings, stats and games e.t.c.

You have any plans to implement this?

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, pnordetun said:

In the standings there should be a column for:

PK% (boxplay)

Time on attack average

And after played and registered games there should be the possibility to comment, as there was on the good old consolehockey.

Also it should be possible to navigate to earlier tournaments and find standings, stats and games e.t.c.

You have any plans to implement this?

You can find older stats by going to a team that participated in one.