Playoffs start on Monday 1st of February

• Administrators

Hey Everyone,

We are very excited to see all (the big majority) finishing up on the regular season and getting ready for the playoffs!

As you may have noticed, there have been some matters that the staff has had to deal with and there are still a few matters to deal with before finalizing the standings and moving on to the playoffs. We will of course be implementing any possible WO-results before the start of the playoffs, so don't worry if your games are still missing despite things being agreed upon. Feel free to add any missing stats or even play a missing couple of games during Wednesday. If that allows us to avoid WO's - great!

Below you can see a wonderful video made by @gzell60, which illustrates the Playoffs logic during this first season of the ECL:

It is worth noting that if two teams are equally ranked, for example A1 and C1 - as in the video example - we will look at points/game instead of just points, in the situation where one team has played less than the other.

You can see a small preview of the playoff-tree below.

I hope that clears out some of the questions you might have for now. We will disclose the playoff-pairs during the weekend and briefly discuss the plans about the next season of the ECL.

On behalf of the NHL Gamer staff,

Kenneth

56a7eae68c5a7_Playofftree.png.52bcc2ea64ed3d596d15a9b1bebb0e67.png

• Like 2

What is the definition of deadline? :)

Edit: Ah, maybe you wanted questions regarding the video? I thought you invited questions in general! Like purpose of life? Where is isvamp? How could Ducktales 2.0 miss the playoffs? That kind of thing. Sorry.

Edited by Egyptologen
drunk

Thankfully we didn't need to resort to the 3rd tie breaker for A1 vs C1, that would have been awkward...

So let me see if I got that right. For instance, if in round 3 you end up with A1, A2, C1, C2, but A1 and C2 are better than C1 and A2 respectively according to the tie breakers, the match-ups are A1 vs A2 and C1 vs C2. Do I understand this correctly?

I have another slightly off topic question. Assuming a division system will be retained (I guess decision pending on that? EDIT : I didn't see the "more news on that this week end" thing, cool) how are you going to devise divisions from this group stage + playoffs? I am much more interested in the answer to my off topic question than the other one. 

Edited by Billy44205

Why would it be awkward? In that case there is no Head-to-Head record -> we need to resort to Goal Differential. But what if only teams of group 3 are left, and two or more have the same amount of points and wins? Suddenly Head-to-Head record becomes relevant again.

Your example is correct.

The announcement states that playoff pairs and plans for next season will be disclosed during the weekend, so you should wait a few more days I guess :)

Edited by gzell60

On 2016-01-27 at 1:32 AM, Egyptologen said:

What is the definition of deadline? :)

Edit: Ah, maybe you wanted questions regarding the video? I thought you invited questions in general! Like purpose of life? Where is isvamp? How could Ducktales 2.0 miss the playoffs? That kind of thing. Sorry.

About Ducktales, FFR stepped up and cleared them. Watch out Carlsberg! ?

• Kenu unfeatured and unpinned this topic