Disciplinary Actions: HC Circus

Players of HC Circus have been proven to have made several infractions against the rules of the tournament, as outlined below.

A. The assistant captain of the team, Pair4You has deliberately manipulated the statistics of his team's matches mainly to his own benefit by adding points and moving penalties to other players. This action continued for the whole of the regular season. By doing so Pair4You has breached the following rules:

8.        Match report

All stats reported must correspond with the figures in game.

3.        Code of conduct

Members are not allowed to try circumventing the rules.

B. The captain of the team, oGBioLan, as well as the other assistant captain of HC Circus, Filariou, have been ruled to have broken the rules concerning the responsibilities of the captains of a team.

4.        Responsibilities

All managers (C and A) are the representatives of their entire team, as such they are responsible for:

Ensuring their team complies with the tournament rules at all times

C. One of the players of HC Circus, Jesse, recently contacted the NHLGamer staff and made claims that one of the administrators had been spreading confidential information of the case to the public. After a thorough investigation to the issue it was determined that these claims were false. Thus, Jesse has committed a major offense in the Code of Conduct.

3.        Code of conduct

Members are not allowed to try circumventing the rules.

Members are not allowed to deceive or give NHL Gamer staff false information.

Disciplinary actions:

HC Circus has been disqualified from the tournament. Their remaining games will be given as walkovers to their opponents, as outlined in the rules when a team is disqualified while having completed at least 80% of the games.

Due the systemic nature of infractions committed by Pair4You, and the fact that he is also an assistant captain of the team, he will be suspended from NHLGamer tournaments for this and the next season. His statistics for this season will be nullified and replaced by a bot.

Jesse will be suspended from the ongoing tournament and 12 games of the next tournament. He is also forbidden to act as a captain or an assistant captain in the next tournament.

oGBioLan and Filariou are given a serious warning due to major neglect of their responsibilities as team captains.

Final words:

We understand that the penalties handed out are quite hard. However, the offenses committed were so severe and numerous, that no other option was seen viable.

• Like 12

You should also ban koodi from all the upcoming tournaments. Im pretty sure that he planted ideas to pairiis head and hypnotized rest of the team captains. That being said, i think that penalties are too hard and what it comes to walkovers in the rest of the games is pretty unfair to the teams who played against them and lost. Peace.

• Like 10

I will never understand why giving WO's for the remaining games of a team that quits is ever a better option than voiding all its games, at least from the point of view of tournament users. 

Side note, I have read about some old-ish DBK drama in the chatbox and I was wondering, what about disciplinary action on that case? 

• ECL Staff
14 minutes ago, Billy44205 said:

I will never understand why giving WO's for the remaining games of a team that quits is ever a better option than voiding all its games, at least from the point of view of tournament users. 

Side note, I have read about some old-ish DBK drama in the chatbox and I was wondering, what about disciplinary action on that case? 

I agree, if a team is removed from a tournament through bans or inactivity, all games involving that team should be nullified.

Side note, so lemme get this straight. Because my team played Circus last night instead of waiting, we lost out on 3pts? Sick system broskis, should either give every game a WO or take every game out of the records 

• Like 1

The WO's are a difficult issue. I understand the point you guys are making about nullifying all the games. However, the rule has been out there since before the start of the tournament. We did not want to change the rule during the tournament, but it can be reviewed later. Changing the rule would have directly affected one of the staff member's teams, which would have been quite controversial to say the least.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jnmxxx said:

You should also ban koodi from all the upcoming tournaments. Im pretty sure that he planted ideas to pairiis head and hypnotized rest of the team captains.

How did you figured out our scheme?

10 hours ago, janbonator said:

oGBioLan and Filariou are given a serious warning due to major neglect of their responsibilities as team captains.

I would like to hear what is this "major neglect". I heard about this case on the very same day as the whole community and after that I was able to do nothing. It's pretty difficult to oversee stats from your games if you aren't even playing. I have played less than a half of our games so hearing that it's also my fault that one guy fucked up stats sounds pretty hilariously. In my opinion the only thing I did wrong was that I trusted the wrong person.

After that decision NHL Gamer admins have set the bar very high. What happens when someone does something more major? For example plays in ECL with two different accounts. What the punishment would be in that case? I'm pretty positive that we will see that kind of case in this ECL or at the latest in the next ECL. I'm also pretty positive that the punishment will be less than in this case even though it should be greater.

• Like 1

• ECL Staff
44 minutes ago, janbonator said:

The WO's are a difficult issue. I understand the point you guys are making about nullifying all the games. However, the rule has been out there since before the start of the tournament. We did not want to change the rule during the tournament, but it can be reviewed later. Changing the rule would have directly affected one of the staff member's teams, which would have been quite controversial to say the least.

As far as I can tell, nope you are wrong.

The rule is as follows, "if the opponent was available they get a walk over win". Therefore it would go without saying that seen as other teams played them, they were available to play.

And btw, don't use the excuse that you can't change rules mid tournament as an excuse for not making better rules before hand (ie: covering all scenarios).

18 minutes ago, Filariou said:

How did you figured out our scheme?

I would like to hear what is this "major neglect". I heard about this case on the very same day as the whole community and after that I was able to do nothing. It's pretty difficult to oversee stats from your games if you aren't even playing. I have played less than a half of our games so hearing that it's also my fault that one guy fucked up stats sounds pretty hilariously. In my opinion the only thing I did wrong was that I trusted the wrong person.

After that decision NHL Gamer admins have set the bar very high. What happens when someone does something more major? For example plays in ECL with two different accounts. What the punishment would be in that case? I'm pretty positive that we will see that kind of case in this ECL or at the latest in the next ECL. I'm also pretty positive that the punishment will be less than in this case even though it should be greater.

The major neglect was the fact that according to your team's accounts, none of your other captains ever checked a single match report and thus the team continued to violate the rules of the tournament for the whole of the regular season, and it is the responsibility of the captains to ensure it does not happen.

Yes, the bar is set high in terms of breaching the rules, and we have no intention of lowering that bar. Double-accounting is one of the biggest violations of the rules and will be punished accordingly if such an issue is spotted. If you happen to know of anything such happening, please contact us about it.

15 minutes ago, MartindalexC said:

As far as I can tell, nope you are wrong.

The rule is as follows, "if the opponent was available they get a walk over win". Therefore it would go without saying that seen as other teams played them, they were available to play.

And btw, don't use the excuse that you can't change rules mid tournament as an excuse for not making better rules before hand (ie: covering all scenarios).

Incorrect. The rule on disqualifications states the following:

“Disqualification” is when a team gets removed from the tournament. A disqualified team has all its games cancelled, unless it has already played 80% of it's games, in which case the remainder of games will be reported as walk-over losses. This is in order to keep the stats intact and respect all the effort that has gone into playing and reporting all of these games."

For your second point, I don't think I ever used it as an excuse for not making better rules before the tournament. Though I would like to hear why you think this scenario was not covered in the rules, as I think in the rule section quoted above it is abundantly clear that this issue was covered in the rules.

Edited by janbonator
Clarification on the first paragraph
  • Like 2

• Administrators

“Disqualification” is when a team gets removed from the tournament. A disqualified team has all its games cancelled, unless it has already played 80% of it's games, in which case the remainder of games will be reported as walk-over losses. This is in order to keep the stats intact and respect all the effort that has gone into playing and reporting all of these games.

This is the rule that was applied. I don't remember much complaints about this before.

I can definitely understand the issues that lie within the rule, but at the same time, I find it important to respect the hundreds of man-hours put into organising, playing and reporting all of the games against this club. If the majority of people disagree with this, then we can look at revamping this rule in the future.

@Valmuri: Looks like you need a history lesson or two. You can read about the reasons in the opening post.

• Like 3

I'm also not a fan of this rule as it sets a precedent - teams might deliberately delay their games in hopes that others would either drop out or mess up, awarding them with free points. BUT, changing rules mid-season is never a good idea, especially since we are very close to the start of the playoffs and this would have a direct impact on multiple teams. I would say - stick with what we've got and then discuss it during the off-season.

• Like 2

• ECL Staff

Arguments can be made for keeping stats intact and giving WO for all teams, arguments can be made for striking them from the records completely, but FFS how does anyone have the mind to arrive to keeping the stats together, then give out WO to those that haven't played? So damn illogical it's hilarious.

• ECL Staff

And why the fuck should we respect the stats and keep them in tact? Who the fuck cares if the stats are intact? No one is going to look in from the outside on this league and join because the fucking stats "look intact" Jesus Christ.

Be fair for fucks sake, it's really not difficult, fuck me.

17 minutes ago, OxtreeLAT said:

Throwing a tantrum and insulting others won't help your case. Your team/teammates messed up, man up and take the punishment.

Only one person in this whole incident has fucked up. Admins and everyone else can say what they want but that doesn't justify their actions to ban the whole team,one individual's actions should not affect the team this much.. ofc you can give warnings and bans to people and write some sweet stuff about it to make it right.

Ban against Jesse is a power play to show that admins can and will silence those who say something bad against them(illuminati?). Warnings that oGBioLan and filariou got were so fkng stupid i cried a little on the inside,im pretty sure none of the other teams captains (maybe few) are checking if their stats are correct...

• Like 3