Greetings fellow gamers,

As the regular season is drawing to a close with some very tight battles for playoff spots going on, it is a good time to thank the teams involved for having gone this far without too many controversies, some teams even for outstanding shows of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct. In the grand scheme of things we are still a small community, but it is exactly why we must continue to show respect to one another, even if doing so could bring some short-term disadvantages.

Having said that, the ongoing tournament is very big. On matchdays the sheer number of games played can be mind-boggling at times. It is for this reason that we at NHLGamer wanted to remind everyone of the importance of accurate match reporting. The amount of staff available is very limited, and all of it is run on what time we happen to have available in our lives ­-- sometimes, unfortunately, even more than that. We do understand that mistakes do occur and the match reporting feature still has the odd glitch in it. Nevertheless, we strongly urge you to report the matches as accurately as possible. Right now a big portion of our time is spent on fixing match reports, and all of this time is away from actually developing the current features and creating new ones. So, if you only have a few minutes to spare for match reporting, it would be better to do it the next day, but within 24 hours of course. Furthermore, it should be noted that errors in match reports should be posted in this reporting errors thread and any bugs or problems with the site in this bugs or problems thread. This way we can ease off some of the pressure that comes from getting private messages on these issues on 5 different platforms of communication.

While we firmly believe that a simple reminder will help with the issue, we have also decided to introduce a sanctions system for repeated neglect of standards of match reporting. In case of repeated user error offenses, a warning will be issued. Once a warning has been given, further offenses may lead to a suspension or a deduction in team points. The rule also applies to the 24 hour period within which the matches should be reported.

While not all of you might be as keen on statistics, we are very excited about some features currently under development that will eventually make it possible to bring in some very interesting advanced statistical tools for your disposal.

Thank you for your time and attention.

On behalf of the NHLGamer Staff,
janbonator

• Like 3

3 hours ago, janbonator said:

The amount of staff available is very limited, and all of it is run on what time we happen to have available in our lives ­-- sometimes, unfortunately, even more than that. [...]Right now a big portion of our time is spent on fixing match reports, and all of this time is away from actually developing the current features and creating new ones.

Just a short comment on that part: I know small tasks were already given out to a few people, e.g. SeRe's blog or the creation of a FAQ section which I agreed to help with after my exams are done. But I'm sure there are more people who would spend some of their free time, especially for simple tasks like fixing a game result.

I mean, we are close to 800 members.

Edited by gzell60
  • Like 2

• Kenu pinned and featured this topic
On 1/15/2016 at 4:58 AM, gzell60 said:

Just a short comment on that part: I know small tasks were already given out to a few people, e.g. SeRe's blog or the creation of a FAQ section which I agreed to help with after my exams are done. But I'm sure there are more people who would spend some of their free time, especially for simple tasks like fixing a game result.

I mean, we are close to 800 members.

Yeah, I agree with you. I'm sure all applications will be very welcomed if someone feels they can give a hand on a task or another.

• gzell60 unfeatured and unpinned this topic