Player Ability Bans - ECL '24 Season Discussion

i agree with tipper ban. they freeze goalies and you almost never can catch that shot anyway, and with that abilitie its makes even esier to score on that situation. close quarter seems too realy powerfull, after EA buffed close shots to be stronger even without close quarters, its mess in front of net - seems you cant stop nothing in front of net. about gold one tee, yeah me as goalie would love to see that banned, but i dont realy suffer so much from that, but that close quarters is just redicilous.

I think abilities need to help your build to be better in some situations to compensate your build stats in some areas, not be ower powered and unstopabble in every situations if you use it. 

Edited by saaggssy
  • Like 3

On 12/9/2023 at 4:04 PM, saaggssy said:

i agree with tipper ban. they freeze goalies and you almost never can catch that shot anyway, and with that abilitie its makes even esier to score on that situation. close quarter seems too realy powerfull, after EA buffed close shots to be stronger even without close quarters, its mess in front of net - seems you cant stop nothing in front of net. about gold one tee, yeah me as goalie would love to see that banned, but i dont realy suffer so much from that, but that close quarters is just redicilous.

I think abilities need to help your build to be better in some situations to compensate your build stats in some areas, not be ower powered and unstopabble in every situations if you use it. 

I don't agree with banning shooting abilities in this NHL, Goalies are making grazy saves even when out of position way too much this year. Also they let some garbage goals in when positioned correctly but that is just bad luck. Also there is argument to make that if you use golden one tee you already sacrifice your defensive stats and can't really do much defensively. I haven't tested truculence yet but i trust if ppl say it's op and unplayable it can go to bin.

• Like 12

Lets not forget that garbage goals are part of hockey. Also its not enough to just stay positioned well to save the shot - you need to move and challenge the shot or guess the side of the shot. So its kinda weird to say that you want everything to be predictable - its a game)) 

As for truculence - this is what needs fixing i guess, cause its kinda lame that you hit everything you see with no problem. The same effect as it was with ass first hits after which players were flying around or laying dead for couple minutes on the ice. And everybody was doing it cause it was meta. 

As a goalie i dont really see any difference with guys having CQ, cause there are a lot of other deadly perks there like snappy or whatever.

Also goalie perks not that much helpfull, maybe Tip Jar can help. Also Tipper is not that hard to counter but its annoying if the team abuses it all game long, farming Full Pressure with shots and also waiting for FP to kick in)

Anyways - we all are in this boat together and game is the same for everyone. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 часа назад, Lxndstrom сказал:

We need to ban truculence in next tournament and we even dont need a conversation about it, if you think it should not be banned i dont really know what to say xd... also tipper needs ban

Agreed. But wasn’t it nerfed by the last patch though?

• Members
På 2024-02-01 på 19:42, Lxndstrom säger:

We need to ban truculence in next tournament and we even dont need a conversation about it, if you think it should not be banned i dont really know what to say xd... also tipper needs ban

I don't think either should be banned :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 tuntia sitten, Karlzzzon kirjoitti:

Just make one player on each team able to use each ability, aside from elite edges. That would force more variety and nerf the most powerful ones (since only one player can use each one).

This.

• Members
3 timmar sedan, Karlzzzon säger:

Just make one player on each team able to use each ability, aside from elite edges. That would force more variety and nerf the most powerful ones (since only one player can use each one).

I do not hate this idea.

On 1.2.2024 at 20.42, Lxndstrom kirjoitti:

and uf 🙂

• Like 1

06.02.2024 в 18:26, Karlzzzon сказал:

This seems as a much better option then restrictions to use smth, always better to adapt things then to just ban them. Using different builds can actually be fun.
But on the other hand it will affect most of the skilled guys who can benefit from edges for example to show impressive bot movement. And it can ruin the scene. 
so decision is hard here anyway. But we can do it like EA does - make a decision and then take it back after 2 business days 😂😂😂

10 timmar sedan, Baranizer säger:

This seems as a much better option then restrictions to use smth, always better to adapt things then to just ban them. Using different builds can actually be fun.
But on the other hand it will affect most of the skilled guys who can benefit from edges for example to show impressive bot movement. And it can ruin the scene. 
so decision is hard here anyway. But we can do it like EA does - make a decision and then take it back after 2 business days 😂😂😂

I said edges should be free to everybody.👌

• 1 month later...
3 tuntia sitten, l-Furyan-l kirjoitti:

We need a "Thumbs down"-emoji for posts 👎

I think there is still very much More people who thinks that those ability Need to be banned.

So much more fun to watch this game if trucu and tipperi is banned 

2 tuntia sitten, Sammy_Lx kirjoitti:

Can we just have so called "gentlemen" rule.? Every match up can ban tipper and trucu! 

I really that thinks works like that but couple guys tried to ask if we make this kind a ”gentleman rule” but people only say that if it isn’t banned by sportsgamer we play with those 

Edited by Lxndstrom

13 tuntia sitten, Lxndstrom kirjoitti:

Why isnt trucu and tipper banned yet????

Yeah I agree, trucu is unrealistically good.

I have to use it and I'm imo very good to abuse it, but I still want it banned because its not realistic. Same thing with tipper, its too op and some teams only exploit it, not trying anything else. 

• Like 7
  • Love it! 1