Home captain input-lag

...And an update. The servers, like you suspected, were reversed. Human error of course, from the US side. Apparently they were very tired at the time of sending the message :)

Anyways, the IP to block is indeed 159.153.95.65

so dn for 159.153.95.65 is probably gosprodfeapp0474.ea.com ? My router has only URL blocking so im gonna have to try with what nslookup fetched for 159.153.95.65

...And an update. The servers, like you suspected, were reversed. Human error of course, from the US side. Apparently they were very tired at the time of sending the message :)

Anyways, the IP to block is indeed 159.153.95.65

so dn for 159.153.95.65 is probably gosprodfeapp0474.ea.com ? My router has only URL blocking so im gonna have to try with what nslookup fetched for 159.153.95.65

Yeah I got the same, my Cisco EPC3828D router only has parental blocking available so trying through there. Also contacted my ISP via email if I have any other chance to block that IP or URL (Don't trust that parental control)

I'm still able to ping gosprodfeapp0474.ea.com so i guess my Buffalo router only blocks web page content from opening when url is blocked, probably not gonna do me anything good then

I'm still able to ping gosprodfeapp0474.ea.com so i guess my Buffalo router only blocks web page content from opening when url is blocked, probably not gonna do me anything good then

Managed to get it blocked with my router, i cant ping it anymore, no access what-so ever to that server =) Had to use Iptables commands in administration in WRT. If anyone has DD-WRT based router you can try adding this to admin commands:

iptables -I OUTPUT -d 159.153.95.65 -j logdrop
iptables -I FORWARD -d 159.153.95.65 -j DROP

Edited by XelsFIN
  • Like 2

I'm now playing drop-ins with just parental blocks, on just home team. I'll update this post after every game, or atleast try to :)

Router: Cisco EPC3828, Parent blocked both keywords and domains 159.153.95.65 & gosprodfeapp0474.ea.com. Time of day rule every day and all day

Using either Two-way defender or playmaker (my most used classes)

Game1 : Excellent (defender) Home team

Game2: Good(ish) (forward), player feels sluggish, may have small delay (.2-.5s) (home team C and "host" through going to invitational and just going straight public)

Game3 : Very Good/Excellent (forward) player feels good, not sure if excellent, might be little tired myself ^^, Home C through straight search. Had to wait a LONG time in lobby for other players.

Game4: Very good (defender), felt lagfree throughout the game. Home team only :)

Few club games: 3 away and 2 home, away games excellent as expected, home game1 was sluggish, home game2 felt very good, no C's on me tonight

Edited by MovaaN
  • Like 4

I was home cap yesterday when we played some games and I had a really good connection. Are you sure they hav'nt fixed this yet? 

same thing here but some team quitted on us when they was home so i guess they had delay.

We had home games and couple of captain lag issues, both massive 2s and sluggish delays.

I did try blocking the ip but when i did it i also was forced to set my nat up again and because of that i had even more problems with lag. However im not sure if i did it properly since i could still ping the ip. What should i put on "port range" slot? I tried also to block url but i still could ping. Any helps? 

I have asus rt-n12 router

Edited by Jnmxxx

Weren't there 2 American servers for NHL? Like, one in California and one in the East (or... Dallas maybe, that's not East but with EA sports any fucked up thing is possible) ? Shouldn't there be 2 IP's to block? 

Also @Jnmxxx I didn't understand, in the end do you have less lag now or more? I'm in the same situation as you, I can block a domain name but I still ping it and I have no idea how to do more than that. And it didn't seem to do a damn thing to help my connection. I have got the C in every game I played with this club I'm trying out with, it sucked balls and consequently so did I.

Edited by Billy44205

Weren't there 2 American servers for NHL? Like, one in California and one in the East (or... Dallas maybe, that's not East but with EA sports any fucked up thing is possible) ? Shouldn't there be 2 IP's to block? 

Also @Jnmxxx I didn't understand, in the end do you have less lag now or more? I'm in the same situation as you, I can block a domain name but I still ping it and I have no idea how to do more than that. And it didn't seem to do a damn thing to help my connection. I have got the C in every game I played with this club I'm trying out with, it sucked balls and consequently so did I.

There are separate servers on East and West coast, but the ones we're blocking are the "half way stops" in Ireland. All data ends up in Redwood, Cali.
There are two servers in Ireland, one is interfering with US players and the other one interferes with us Euros. US players block one and we the other.

Those who don't suffer from any extra lag never end up on the bad server in Ireland, and don't have to block anything (like myself).

If you can't block anything on your router, you can always contact your ISP and tell them to do it on their side of things. Or buy another router (cough Netduma cough) :)

yes i had more lag with ip and url blocked because i had to set up my NAT so i could block em. Im not sure if i did the block right tho since i could still ping it. I tried to do it like 5 different ways but no help. I will continue to repeat myself and ask; does anybody know what i should put on "port range" slot? I have tried to leave it blank and tried to 1:65535 it. No difference.

billy if you have huge connection problems you should try to open your NAT.

Edited by Jnmxxx

@milesizdead are you sure about your stuff? That's like, totally NOT what I understood. But then again I don't understand anything...

I was always under the impression that data would only go through an EA server in the UK for us Euros and the problem was that instead of going there it went to one of the other 2 EA servers for NHL, which are in the USA. All this IP business is confusing me to no end.

@milesizdead are you sure about your stuff? That's like, totally NOT what I understood. But then again I don't understand anything...

I was always under the impression that data would only go through an EA server in the UK for us Euros and the problem was that instead of going there it went to one of the other 2 EA servers for NHL, which are in the USA. All this IP business is confusing me to no end.

My comments are based on chats with frost xi (who found the issue in the first place), and my own tracing of IPs with netduma's tech support. US problems come from data going to Ireland, which shouldn't happen of course, and our data takes a trip to the US every once in a while. The same server probably caused the earlier problem of the game changing regions by itself, for some reason the issue has become more severe with nextgen consoles. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26 October 2015 at 18:00:57, milesizdead said:

Msgd with Ozzyng who is involved with the 6s scene in NA, and EA has promised them a fix within a week now that they know what's happening. Euro fix should be in within two weeks, via a patch or a server side fix.

Long two weeks they have in Vancouver.. 

2 hours ago, imosi said:

Long two weeks they have in Vancouver.. 

Indeed. I think no one is surprised to find out that EA completely misunderstood the issue that Frost discovered, and forwarded the tracert-data to the wrong bunch of people. So the resolution will be delayed until whenever. I'm so glad I'm not (nor my team) affected by this issue.

53 minutes ago, milesizdead said:

Indeed. I think no one is surprised to find out that EA completely misunderstood the issue that Frost discovered, and forwarded the tracert-data to the wrong bunch of people. So the resolution will be delayed until whenever. I'm so glad I'm not (nor my team) affected by this issue.

Are you playing on Xbox? I had zero lag on Xbox side.