Welcome to the European Championship League (PS4)

Let us know how you would prefer to play  

167 members have voted

The results of this poll are hidden permanently..

This is probably what is gonna happen. I am 80% sure the upcoming tournament will look something like what tokFan described, which is one league, 2 random groups/conferences, winner and loser playoffs. 

Why will it be like this? Because:

- @Kenu said he doesn't want to seed teams for the first tournament

- Most people want divisions in the future

There is one other way, which is what @AndreasNo described. Implement divisions but let teams decide what div they wanna play in. I do not think it is better because I do not believe everyone is mature enough to place themselves in the division where they belong, which is why I think the 1st scenario is more likely to happen. 

As I write this I notice that I guess you can also combine those 2 ideas like, offer 2 divisions, and when 70% of people join the 1st division you can separate that in random groups/conferences. So... let's say I'm 70% sure option 1 will happen now.

• Like 1

I have a question: What do you guys think is a good duration for a tournament group stage? I say 1.5 months so 6 to 7 weeks. 

You can't choose this duration, games frequency and number of teams per group or division all at the same time but you have to choose 2 of the 3 to make a tournament. I say we should choose the first 2 and let group size come from that. 

• Like 1

On Wed Oct 21 2015 10:38:42 GMT+0300, tokFan said:

I don't like the idea of divisions. To much administration to get it to work in my opinion.

My suggestion for a first tournament would be like this.

• 24+ TEAMS
    • 2 groups with 12 in each, or more
    • 16 teams to playoff and the other 8-12 to a loser playoff
    • Always best of seven
  • 32+ TEAMS
    • 4 groups with 8 in each, or more
    • 16 teams to playoff and the other 8-16 teams to a loser playoff
    • Always best of seven

After the first tournament you should be able to seed teams that participate in the next tournament.

This is the format that i think would be the best solution. The best way to seed the teams would be simply looking at the 6vs6 ranks on the leaderbords ( i do not like the idea of admins or anybody else just seeding teams by they're "feeling" or "knowledge" because it would cause unneccessary drama) The best teams are there at the top, trust me ;)

The teams that are not in neither of the playoffs are automatically in the division 2 for the next season. Teams that are playing in the loser playoffs are playing for a spot in the division 1 (thinking maybe something like 20 or 24 teams in the division 1 for next season)

This format gives motivation to those that do not get to the playoffs, and even to those who can fight for a spot to the loser playoffs, which means more meaningful, tight and fun games for everyone :)

• Like 1

On 30.10.2015 4.53.12, gendlik said:

This is the format that i think would be the best solution. The best way to seed the teams would be simply looking at the 6vs6 ranks on the leaderbords ( i do not like the idea of admins or anybody else just seeding teams by they're "feeling" or "knowledge" because it would cause unneccessary drama) The best teams are there at the top, trust me ;)

You would be looking the stats of 6v6 games? Playing with a computer goalie and getting wins with that doesn't show or prove you anything. Also playing only few games every week you can have stats like 50-1-1 and still there are teams above you with 100-100-100 just because they have been able to play a lot more (maybe with that comp goalie). A common sense should also be used if there will be some seeding.

Or then you just make 2 divisions equally (28 each) and mix each for 2 groups (14 each) and best 4 from each group continues to playoffs. No drama. Trust me gendlik, best teams will also make their way to best 4 in 14 team groups. Next tournaments you can check the stats from the first ones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heksaa said:

You would be looking the stats of 6v6 games? Playing with a computer goalie and getting wins with that doesn't show or prove you anything. Also playing only few games every week you can have stats like 50-1-1 and still there are teams above you with 100-100-100 just because they have been able to play a lot more (maybe with that comp goalie). A common sense should also be used if there will be some seeding.

Or then you just make 2 divisions equally (28 each) and mix each for 2 groups (14 each) and best 4 from each group continues to playoffs. No drama. Trust me gendlik, best teams will also make their way to best 4 in 14 team groups. Next tournaments you can check the stats from the first ones.

For the first tournament I'm pretty sure he means how to make 4 (with that many clubs there are gonna be 4 groups, trust me guys I'm a psychic) equal-ish groups with as many good and bad teams on each of them.

The idea is that you take a ranking system that is available to you, you take the first 16 teams and put them in a hat, then you take the next 16 and put them in another hat and then you take the rest and put them in the last hat. The groups for the tournament are then 4 teams from each hat, which the innocent hands of Kenu and Lurkins will draw. The ranking used doesn't need to be terribly accurate to do the job and the 6v6 standings are the best ranking available in my opinion so it should do. So between the good-ish accuracy of the game standings and luck of the draw, let's just assume it sort of evens out (or not! that's how randomness works lol).

The real divisions will begin the tournament after that, based on the results of this incoming one and the ranking system someone (I want to say me but I have still yet to convince the guys in charge that my systems are the best...) will have devised. 

Hopefully that clears the misunderstandings. At least I think we can all agree that ranking teams based on people's opinions is crap. 

56 minutes ago, Billy44205 said:

For the first tournament I'm pretty sure he means how to make 4 (with that many clubs there are gonna be 4 groups, trust me guys I'm a psychic) equal-ish groups with as many good and bad teams on each of them.

The idea is that you take a ranking system that is available to you, you take the first 16 teams and put them in a hat, then you take the next 16 and put them in another hat and then you take the rest and put them in the last hat. The groups for the tournament are then 4 teams from each hat, which the innocent hands of Kenu and Lurkins will draw. The ranking used doesn't need to be terribly accurate to do the job and the 6v6 standings are the best ranking available in my opinion so it should do. So between the good-ish accuracy of the game standings and luck of the draw, let's just assume it sort of evens out (or not! that's how randomness works lol).

The real divisions will begin the tournament after that, based on the results of this incoming one and the ranking system someone (I want to say me but I have still yet to convince the guys in charge that my systems are the best...) will have devised. 

Hopefully that clears the misunderstandings. At least I think we can all agree that ranking teams based on people's opinions is crap. 

And livestream with hats under the camera

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, selänne8 said:

So people are happy if we play two game days in week? Sounds funny, because i think every team have time to play 6 games in 7 days. But its ok if you want, that only group stage takes 2 months.

We are suggesting 3 game-days per week, unless the community is strongly against it.

• Like 1

Why is 3 days discussed if the determined direction is 2 days per week .. then we need no polls

am against it

We need with searching and all thisl lagquiters min.3 hours for 4 games .. thats enough

and then 3 days in the workweek. no thanks

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Asche said:

Why is 3 days discussed if the determined direction is 2 days per week .. then we need no polls

am against it

We need with searching and all thisl lagquiters min.3 hours for 4 games .. thats enough

and then 3 days in the workweek. no thanks

Because the votes started when ConsoleHockey was still around and some people were considering playing in both leagues.

The votes are now 69 for 2 days a week and 63 for 3 days a week. I know at least 3 people who have told me that they want to change their vote from 2 -> 3, after finding out that ConsoleHockey won't be running a tournament. This means the votes are at least 66-66. (Please note that I have recently added the option to change your vote, but this thread is old and people haven't found the option yet.)

This is up for discussion, it is only our suggestion.

• Like 2

how about start the tournament soon?

Very much talk, i mean it have always been 3 games/week and it have always worked out. 2 or 3 games a week aint something that should make the tournament delayed til everyone is holding hands.

Otherwise lets play it on consolehockey?

Put the tournament up soon instead. Winter is coming... and john snow is a wolf

Edited by pnordetun
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pnordetun said:

how about start the tournament soon?

Very much talk, i mean it have always been 3 games/week and it have always worked out. 2 or 3 games a week aint something that should make the tournament delayed til everyone is holding hands.

Otherwise lets play it on consolehockey?

Put the tournament up soon instead. Winter is coming... and john snow is a wolf

Bolded: NHLgamer is our future for EASHL scene and small community. So hold on your horses 'cus this coming tournament will be greatest one.

• Administrators

I can understand the sense of urgency to get playing. We are putting up the league site tomorrow (as announced on the blog) so everyone can set up their teams.

It seems not all teams read the blog, though - so there's many who don't know what's going on. Apologies on our side from that - should have put up a bigger announcement.

• Kenu locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic