ECL - Season 2 groups

• Administrators

Thanks to everyone (100+ people!) who joined the spontaneous stream while we did the lottery.

There are a total of 48 teams, divided into 8 groups. 32 teams make the playoffs, meaning 4 teams out of each group. Groups 1-4 will be on the left side of the playoff tree and 5-8 on the right-hand side.

More info will be available shortly, but for now, here are the groups:

GROUP 1
Dynasty
Beniserna
Nordic Lightning
ORIGINS
Inter Iceland
Nupurin Haukka

GROUP 2
Sjukstugan
Ace Holes HC
Kattiautomaatti
Vastaanottokeskus
A la Carte
Nordic Hockey Tigers

GROUP 3
Nordic Nightmare
Breaking Records
TIKI TALK
Victorious Secret HC
Fat Cats
Kontoret

GROUP 4
Nordic Blizzard
No Guts No Glory
Refuse To Lose
SIKA
HC Aurinko
Rising Force

GROUP 5
Synergy Hockey
Aapon Taikasauva
The Unstoppable Warriors
Written In The Stars
Hc IceTigers
KiekkoVesa

GROUP 6
UKnightedHC
Infinity
Nordic Stars
Silver Sword Griffins
Freaky Friday
LEBKOUNG MAFIA

GROUP 7
Northern Stars
Anahaim Ducks
Finnish Panthers
murohoki
Helter Skelter
Raakkelin Liekit

GROUP 8
MUKIMIEHET
Falun Coal Miners
Rising Phantoms HC
The Beagle Boyz
Dynamo Swiss
HC Shameful Knights

Please note that you are not supposed to be able to join a team, nor invite players to a team at this stage. This will be made available on Sunday.

On behalf of the NHL Gamer staff,

kenu.png

• Like 7

Just checked the schedule for the upcoming season, and had a thought. Wouldn't it be better if the group round would have more games than just 10 per team? For example, playing four times against each team would increase the importance of the group round, and considering the fact that at the moment the group round is scheduled to last for just 9 days, it kind of feels way too short. Adding 9 more days in it wouldn't make it way too long anyway. For example, play another round of games in reverse order compared to the first round. This is just my opinion, but I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with this. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Anenthran said:

Just checked the schedule for the upcoming season, and had a thought. Wouldn't it be better if the group round would have more games than just 10 per team? For example, playing four times against each team would increase the importance of the group round, and considering the fact that at the moment the group round is scheduled to last for just 9 days, it kind of feels way too short. Adding 9 more days in it wouldn't make it way too long anyway. For example, play another round of games in reverse order compared to the first round. This is just my opinion, but I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with this. 

Thanks for the feedback!

I'll address the issue briefly.

Right now, if everything goes according to the plan, the finals would end at around mid-June. We don't want to risk the final teams going on summer holidays etc. before the playoffs are over. Nine days is a lot in this perspective. Also, with 32 teams advancing to the playoffs I can't see it would make much of a difference. If it were 16 teams, then definitely a longer group stage. Aren't the group stage games more important now, when there's less games and less room for error? I think upsets would be even harder to pull off if the group stage had twice as many games.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Left side of Playoff-tree:

Group 1 (A) vs Group 2 (B)

Group 3 (C)  vs Group 4 (D)

Right side of Playoff-tree:

Group 5 (E) vs Group 6 (F)

Group 7 (G) vs Group 8 (H)

Group A #1 plays vs Group B #4

Group B #1 plays vs Group A #4

etc.

In the second stage the teams will be re-seeded based on Points Per Game, but Groups 1-4 stay on left side and Groups 5-8 on the right side of the tree.

• gzell60 unfeatured and unpinned this topic