Etiquette rules in EASHL

Ranksu

I have pounded and scratched my head in recent weeks. In my eyes, this quitting as the home team in normal club games is currently a 'joke' situation. The state is now that teams will quit at just a slight disadvantage and search for games until they are getting the advantage position (away team). I do understand EASHL rankings/records are important, but this current state will break down our small community eventually if every team will try to find advantage. I'm already 'hearing' thoughts about -"lets not play against them 'cus they don't play at home"

I wanna point out that we, The Old Farts - wanna play fair games. If member 'dropped' out b/c of EA we'll all quit game no matter we would get lost mark our records. To me playing with bad connection is kind of learning point for ECL games (home team).

So I'm hoping people would look for bigger picture, play fair, but tough.

Good games for everyone.

• Like 4

Just out of curiosity, have you heard about the "home captain lag" that still actually exists? Usually the lag (for us anyway) for the captain is at least 1 second, sometimes even worse. That's not a "slight" disadvantage anymore. I've experienced the delay myself as well and I have to ask, where's the fun in that?

If I remember correctly, we matched up against you guys a couple of days ago. We quit the game due to home captain lag (again, for us it's at least a 1 second delay) and frankly, I was surprised you even messaged me about that.

Also that day we didn't have any of our "usual home captains" on the roster, so it made the situation a bit harder for us. When we play with players that are our home captains most of the time, it takes about 2 or 3 attempts at most, to get a game going.

If you ask me, it's perfectly fine to quit from the match if you have the terrible captain delay.

Edited by Snapster

2 hours ago, Snapster said:

Just out of curiosity, have you heard about the "home captain lag" that still actually exists? Usually the lag (for us anyway) for the captain is at least 1 second, sometimes even worse. That's not a "slight" disadvantage anymore. I've experienced the delay myself as well and I have to ask, where's the fun in that?

If I remember correctly, we matched up against you guys a couple of days ago. We quit the game due to home captain lag (again, for us it's at least a 1 second delay) and frankly, I was surprised you even messaged me about that.

Also that day we didn't have any of our "usual home captains" on the roster, so it made the situation a bit harder for us. When we play with players that are our home captains most of the time, it takes about 2 or 3 attempts at most, to get a game going.

If you ask me, it's perfectly fine to quit from the match if you have the terrible captain delay.

You're ignoring one rather big issue - with that kind of mindset eventually everyone will stop playing home games and the community will die off.

It's rather pathetic that some teams only play away games. As Ransku mentioned, it's not surprising that after coming up against people like that teams start to wonder as to why they should bother if the opposing team REFUSES to play at home and are only interested in playing when they have got the advantage...

At the end of the day people need to be more understanding and forthcoming. Simply refusing to play home games is ridiculous.

• Like 2

I understand if home team back out in first minute when realize captain lagg. You must be stupid if you continue playing that kind of games, only because its not fair to play "Only" away games.. Total different story these teams, that quit immediatly without even trying the connection and hunting only away games...

Connections has gotten worse IMO. Now its not just captain lag anymore but 2-4 players and away games also. Yesterday we "played" like 1.5-2 hours and actually played 2 games. Thanks to @infinity that played us as a home team and i dont know if you had bad or decent connection but thanks anyways. We tried to play against you guys as a home team few times aswell but got only VERY shitty connections so we couldnt. Sorry for that. Then we did challenge dynasty and when that didnt work we just decided switch to fifa. I was kind of surprised that challenge didnt work since in the ecl we have had good to decent connections in every home game.

Oh and i agree with oodap

On 12/31/2015 at 2:14 AM, OxtreeLAT said:

You're ignoring one rather big issue - with that kind of mindset eventually everyone will stop playing home games and the community will die off.

It's rather pathetic that some teams only play away games. As Ransku mentioned, it's not surprising that after coming up against people like that teams start to wonder as to why they should bother if the opposing team REFUSES to play at home and are only interested in playing when they have got the advantage...

At the end of the day people need to be more understanding and forthcoming. Simply refusing to play home games is ridiculous.

I'm not ignoring anything. Like I said, we don't play at home only if the captain has at least a 1 second lag, there's just no point in that for either team in my opinion. :D I agree with you about the clubs that don't even try out how the connection actually is, that's just stupid.

Other than that, our team actually plays like 80% of our games at home, which is kinda ridiculous(thanks EA). :D But we play them, even with "a slight lag disadvantage" as long as it's tolerable, because usually we have a couple of pretty good options for being the captain.

Edited by Snapster
  • Like 1