NHL (the real one)

weelmax

Season is now about half behind and was there be suprises or not?

I can say one Columbus, leading team with 60p in 39 games, can remember that 16 game win streak recently. 

Also Minnesota has good phase in their game now: record in last 10 games: 8-1-1. We will see if they manage to get to playoff without wild card. They have never had...

• Like 1

Pens will win the Cup again. Book it.

Also I jinxed it. So Chicago will win instead. Damnit.

Blue Jackets biggest surprise by far. No one thought a Tortorella-coached team would do well, let alone lead the NHL. Tampa Bay struggling is a surprise for me too.

Early awards predictions:

Art Ross: Crosby

Hart: Dubnyk

Lindsay: Crosby

Richard: Crosby

Norris: Burns

Selke: Koivu

Vezina: Dubnyk

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Billy44205 said:

Blue Jackets biggest surprise by far. No one thought a Tortorella-coached team would do well, let alone lead the NHL. Tampa Bay struggling is a surprise for me too.

Early awards predictions:

Art Ross: Crosby

Hart: Dubnyk

Lindsay: Crosby

Richard: Crosby

Norris: Burns

Selke: Koivu

Vezina: Dubnyk

Thats exactly same as I do think. Pengs/Tampa for cup.

Edited by Frilander

• ECL Staff
4 hours ago, Billy44205 said:

Idk if everyone thought Torts would fail, his time in Vancouver was admittedly bad but that team really wasn't 'made' for him, I still don't know what drugs Vancouver was doing when they hired him xD

Still though, even when he was early into his stint with Columbus he actually put in effort changing his style in an attempt to make it 'modernised', plus it helps that Columbus' roster is more in line with how he actually approaches the game. 

Also, I'm totally okay with you jinxing it so that Chicago can win again :ph34r:

• Like 1

On 10.1.2017 at 11:05 PM, Frilander said:

Pengs/Tampa for cup.

Tampa is 6th in atlantic division at the moment. Behind is only Detroit and Buffalo who both are played less games than Lightning. You think that it will rise 6 pts to Wild card position?

Capitals is in winning streak now also 8 games... Tonight (or tomorrow early-morning) is Western Conference leading battle between CHI(home) and MIN, both have 59 pts, but Wild have played only 41 games versus Hawks 45 games. It will be good match, trust me.B|

11 hours ago, weelmax said:

Tampa is 6th in atlantic division at the moment. Behind is only Detroit and Buffalo who both are played less games than Lightning. You think that it will rise 6 pts to Wild card position?

Capitals is in winning streak now also 8 games... Tonight (or tomorrow early-morning) is Western Conference leading battle between CHI(home) and MIN, both have 59 pts, but Wild have played only 41 games versus Hawks 45 games. It will be good match, trust me.B|

I just believe Tampa will get their shit together. No doubt it will be a very good game :D I trust you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/hitchcock-relieved-of-duties-yeo-becomes-head-coach/c-286332862

Finally. Bad thing this Hitch's last year joke cost us Brad Shaw who's currently makes pretty nice work in Columbus backlines. Shame, I always loved Brad Shaw philosophy. Not gonna miss at all Hitch. Next I'll wait when Stillman annoucne they wil fire Doug Armstrong.

• Like 1

NHL.com has released good article to inside look about Trade Deadline (1.3 at 9 p.m CET) in Metropolitan Division.

1. Capitals: Need an experienced depth defenseman, preferably with a right-handed shot. LW Jakub Vrana playing now in AHL, no.13 in the 2014 Draft. His chance probably will come next season, so it would take something special for GM MacLellan to consider giving him up.

2. Blue Jackets: Need depth at center + an experienced backup goaltender. GM Kekäläinen is building for long-term success, but would he be tempted to give up one of his many young assets for the right return?

3. Penguins: Need an experienced defenseman. Marc-Andre Fleury, 32, has been a good soldier again this season, and GM Rutherford has said he wants to keep him and rookie Matt Murray to help in the Penguins' bid to repeat as Stanley Cup champions. But if a trade gave Fleury a chance to play regularly and the Penguins the ability to upgrade their roster, Fleury and Rutherford would have to seriously consider it.

4. Rangers: Need an experienced defenseman. LW Ryan Gropp playing in WHL no.41 in 2015 Draft is having good season there: point per game. Rangers have some young depth at forward, but would they be willing to give up Gropp to acquire the help they need on defense?

5. Flyers: Need depth in forward. Flyers are hard place: They are second wild card in Eastern Conference now but don't have much assets for trading. except 2017 NHL Draft selections: 10 (1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7).

6. Islanders: Need depth in forward. Maybe trading C Ryan Strome to see what they can get for him and get some help for center John Tavares. Maybe Vanek or Vrbata.

7. Devils: Needs a top-four defenseman + scoring forwards. They have 12 total picks in the first four rounds of the next two drafts and have plenty of salary-cap space to take on contracts. Those are their biggest assets.

8. Hurricanes: They are 4 points behind wild card position. Need scoring forwards. D Faulk, 24, might be expendable in the right trade for a scoring forward because of Carolina's depth of young defensemen, including Slavin, 22, Pesce, 22, and Hanifin, 20. Might be looking for Avalanche forwards Landeskog, Duchene. O.o

This was short summary. Full Story

• 3 weeks later...
  • ECL Staff

Hey, with the trade deadline coming up, which players would you like on your team und what would you be willing to give up? With Minnesota paying a steep price for Martin Hanzal, I wonder what teams are willing to give up for players like Kevin Shattenkirk. Since Shane Doan seemed to be really unhappy with the Hanzal Trade, I wonder if Chayka trades him to a contender. Im also not quite sold on the Bishop-Trade, especially after Budajs incredible Season. Think the Kings trade him for a goal-scorer or keep him as insurance?

About Hanzal trade: Surprise. Is Minnesota already have enough big centemans? I'm meaning Coyle, Koivu and Staal. although Hanzal is "bigger" guy than any of those. I think Min is going to see if Hanzal will fit for team and if not he will be free agent in 1.7.

Bishop: LA is fighting for wild card spot. Tonight is MIN and Tuesday CAL especially later game is important to playoff spot. Kings gm Dean Lombardi said: "...to make sure we have a No. 1 goalie in there every night." That is enough said to me. Quick's injury was not small and recovery is not done yet. (not sure that he will give his A-game every night) Also Bishop will be free agent in 1.7, maybe.? So Bishop is chance to get in playoffs for LA?

• ECL Staff

Well, I don't think that they would let Quick play if he wasn't fully healed, especially after Budaj's incredible Season. And the Problem of the Kings is Goal-Scoring (except Carter). E.g Kopitar only has 6 Goals on the season, Gaborik has even been a healthy scratch. 

Referring to the Wild, they paid more than WSH did for Shattenkirk, so the price for Hanzal was insane. Disagree with that decision and as you mentioned they already have some big centremen. 

Do you think Duchene will be moved, his pricing is als pretty ridiculous.

I was impressed about Hanzal's play in these 2 games. He got 2 assist's. These ~15 years MIN is having really defensive team, witch management have acquired working and good basic players. Previous years MIN don't have that kind of team who could win Stanley Cup. Now they have.

We must remember that in next(ish) draft isn't going to be very good (player wise). I think that MIN's future is safe with players like Eriksson Ek and Greenway...

MIN strengthened it's C this season with E.Staal. That trade was good and Stall's career has been new rise since then. I don't mention even Koivu-Granlund-Zucker -line, which is maybe NHL's best at the moment. 

Duchene: His name has surfaced in trade rumors over the past few months while the Avalanche have plummeted to the bottom of the League standings. Duchene would provide a huge boost for any team looking to upgrade at center but his $6 million average annual salary could make it difficult for those up against the cap.

Under 9 hours before Trade Deadline...

• 1 month later...

Only 2-3 games remaining before end of season so what playoff-pairs gonna be?

WEST
CHI-NSH result: 4-3
ANA-CAL result: 4-1
MIN-STL result: 3-4
EDM-SJ result: 4-2

CAL and NSH can change places.

EAST
WAS-TOR result: 4-1
MTL-NYR result: 4-3
PIT-CBJ result: 4-2
OTT-BOS result: 4-3

TOR, OTT and BOS could change places.

So what are your predictions, gonna see some suprises?

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanna see Shattenkirk, Oshie and ofc Ovie hoisting the Stanley Cup while my team Blues is facing tought Preds team and I bet they're done against them. Btw it might be two best goaltenders facing each other in Blues vs. Preds series, Allen vs. RInne.

• Like 3