NHL, Viasat and Viaplay should give Scandinavians full access to NHL.tv

Ranksu

Recently NHL upgraded from gamecenter to nhl.tv and viasat and viaplay failed to notice this, even though it has been common knowledge since August 2015.
This resulted Scandinavian fans unable to watch NHL games on-demand, and because timezone difference it is a huge problem.

Scandinavian people do not have access to premium quality service that is provided for NHL fans in United States. Viasat Viaplay is inferior solution to watch NHL from Scandinavia.
The real NHL.tv should be made available to buy from Scandinavia, or if this is not possible, viaplay should be forced to figure out a way, to enable FULL access to NHL.tv trough them.
For example, Viaplay could provide their customers with NHL.tv logins that work in Scandinavia

Sign the petition here

• Administrators

Wow, I just noticed this today as well. Where is my Gamecenter!? And this is just after Viaplay raised the monthly price. Wow!

Small note, but Finland is not officially part of Scandinavia, so technically this petition doesn't help us. ;)

• Like 1

Viaplay have some informarion about the nhl ganecenter fir us finns

Helmikuun 2. päivä NHL GameCenteriin tehtiin muutoksia, jotka tulevat parantamaan lähetyksen laatua ja kehittämään muita ominaisuuksia. Näiden muutoksien vuoksi yhteys GameCenteriin on katkennut. Työskentelemme yhteistyössä NHL:n kanssa ongelman ratkaisemiseksi mahdollisimman pian.

Huomaathan, että voit katsella Viaplayn muita lähetyksiä normaalisti ja Viaplayn urheilusivulta pääset myös katsomaan NHL:n suoria lähetyksiä. Ainoastaan NHL GameCenter ja sen matsit eivät ole saatavilla. Päivitämme sivustoamme heti, kun saamme lisätietoa.

4 hours ago, Jiihooo86 said:

Viaplay have some informarion about the nhl ganecenter fir us finns

Helmikuun 2. päivä NHL GameCenteriin tehtiin muutoksia, jotka tulevat parantamaan lähetyksen laatua ja kehittämään muita ominaisuuksia. Näiden muutoksien vuoksi yhteys GameCenteriin on katkennut. Työskentelemme yhteistyössä NHL:n kanssa ongelman ratkaisemiseksi mahdollisimman pian.

Huomaathan, että voit katsella Viaplayn muita lähetyksiä normaalisti ja Viaplayn urheilusivulta pääset myös katsomaan NHL:n suoria lähetyksiä. Ainoastaan NHL GameCenter ja sen matsit eivät ole saatavilla. Päivitämme sivustoamme heti, kun saamme lisätietoa.

Yes, My biggest reason why I bought Viaplay was they got gamecenter program and it was great watch game(s) daytime and not at night. How all this nhl.com reserve all rights sounds like there won't be 'fix' about ppl get back gamecenter/nhl.tv or what is called nowdays. Shame.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The good thing about this is that you can now actually use these newly created credentials to use the NHL App on the Xbox One (and probably PS4 and other devices too). Really a step forward in my opinion and I hope they don't disable this in the future.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kenu said:

The good thing about this is that you can now actually use these newly created credentials to use the NHL App on the Xbox One (and probably PS4 and other devices too). Really a step forward in my opinion and I hope they don't disable this in the future.

wow really? havent tried it on ps4 yet but will for sure.

• Like 1

Update - works perfectly

I have to say wow, now you can click highlight spots, hits, saves and goals which are marked differently in the tmeline. Love it just love it.This is so much better program then 'old' gamecenter.

Take me couple hours to get active code from Viaplay and ready to go. B|

http://asiakaspalvelu.viaplay.fi/tilapainen-katkos-nhl-gamecenterissa

http://asiakaspalvelu.viaplay.fi/9729

• Like 1

• 3 months later...